Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hello Goodbye

Yeah, wot they all say

Don't forget the old classic at the end of a pub gig:

"We've had your money, now off!"

Simon (Grumpy old man) - and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by sleah View Post
    Yeah, wot they all say

Don't forget the old classic at the end of a pub gig:

"We've had your money, now off!"

PMSFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neil.

Takes a lot of confidence.....but when things have gone well!!

Try...

"Thanks Ladies and Gentleman....you've been fantastic...(UNDER YOUR BREATH)....but then so have I"

"In fact I've been so good tonight.....I wish I was out there watching me!"

Its tongue in cheek but it works when you know you've had it off....use sparingly!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spirits High View Post
    I do a little intro telling them who I am and I'll take requests etc

End of the night "You've been a great crowd" etc, etc "I've been Paul from Spirits High have a safe journey home".
    Works for me
    Don't forget some of the old classics: " If you've had a great time, I've been Peter Fisher. If you've had a crap night, I've been Tony Blackburn/Tony Brown/Rob James/Paul Thompson/Insert name of choice. "
    Quote Originally Posted by mdjf_ian View Post
    For me personally I ask the client what they want and 9 times out of 10 they select "keep quiet" on my planning form.
    They can select it as much as they like, they ain't going to get it. In all conscience, how can I deny my audience the chance to hear my pearls of wisdom, which fall upon them as refreshingly as the soft summer rain?
    Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    There are just some things that you need to do for yourself without asking permission and saying goodnight is one of them IMO.
    It would be impolite not to.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by mdjf_ian View Post
    Maybe, but I give them that option. In fact there are 3 options. "Chatty" or "Important Announcements Only" or "Keep Quiet".
    Shouldn't you have one in between chatty and important announcements, as in, chat a little?

That's the one most people tick on my forms.

They also tick the box that bans the DJ from saying "yes indeedy"

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    There are just some things that you need to do for yourself without asking permission and saying goodnight is one of them IMO.
    Indeed...as well as saying good evening at the beginning of the evening.

I tend not to talk as much these days. I think peoples ideas about DJ's have changed over the years and are happy just to dance and as long as you keep the music flowing with little banter here and there most people are happy. I always as hello and goodbye and announce the 1st dance and cutting of the cake and anyone making speeches. Here's how I address those.

Start of night.
    Good evening ladies and gentlemen and welcome to the elegant (name of venue) here at (bride and grooms' names) wedding reception. My name is Jon and I'll be your DJ this evening.

I'll be taking care of your musical requirements this evening, so if there's something you'd like to hear please let me know, the earlier the better, and in the interest of health and safety can I ask you to refrain from bringing glasses onto the dance floor.

First dance announcement
    Ladies and gentlemen, at this time I'd like to ask everyone to please rise. (WAIT FOR ALL PRESENT TO RISE).
    It gives me great pleasure to introduce to you, for the very first time anywhere as husband and wife Mr and Mrs (married name). Let's have a big round of applause, and a warm welcome for the brand new Mr. and Mrs. (married name)!
    Make some noise, as I ask them to take to the dance floor.
    Our bride and groom have chosen a beautiful song for their first dance together as husband and wife. The romantic (song name) by (artist name). Let's have another big round of applause for our newly weds on the dance floor.

End of night.
    Unfortunately that's all we have time for, how time flys when you're having fun. I hope you've enjoyed the food and the alcohol and most importantly from my point of view the music and I'd like to thank the bride and groom for their musical input tonight. From myself and all the staff here at (name of venue) have a safe journey home and enjoy the rest of your weekend. Goodnight and cheery O.