Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2nd hand van man

Default 2nd hand van man

I am now gainfully employed (as of Monday), I pick up the brand new motor (Seat Leon) on Friday and hopefully the not so brand new Laguna (which is in good nick) goes on autotrader later this week. Not that this thread is about selling it, if anyone is looking for a Y reg diesel laguna with a towbar....

Anyway, the Laguna sale will free up some cash to buy a van - about £3000 I hope. Obviously it's going to be 2nd hand, but interested on opinions. Fancy a Merc Vito, but I am expecting to need to buy something with high milage, so all you van users, what lasts the trials of time and gigging well?

Out of interest, it also means that my lovely box trailer will be up for grabs too - so anyone who is looking for one, let me know before it goes on e-bay!

is trailer twin wheel? make? size?
    I,ve got a twin wheel but fancy getting a newer one.

Quote Originally Posted by Thames Valley Discos
    is trailer twin wheel? make? size?
    I,ve got a twin wheel but fancy getting a newer one.
    Single axle I'm afraid - it's an aluminium one - bit like a tow-a-van, but different manufacturer - will check if you're interested, it's about 5ft long, 4ft high, roller shutter door.....

but if anyone is seriously interested I'll go and check it all

well keep away from the nissan vanette - i got one now on the serious lookout for a new van - but have no cash....i dunno what the hell to do
    Gaz Evans
    www.candybeatdiscos.com
    Kids Parties, Weddings, Birthdays
    Fife, West Lothian, Edinburgh, Falkirk, Stirling & Glasgow

Quote Originally Posted by Ricesnaps
    I am now gainfully employed (as of Monday), I pick up the brand new motor (Seat Leon) on Friday and hopefully the not so brand new Laguna (which is in good nick) goes on autotrader later this week. Not that this thread is about selling it, if anyone is looking for a Y reg diesel laguna with a towbar....

Anyway, the Laguna sale will free up some cash to buy a van - about £3000 I hope. Obviously it's going to be 2nd hand, but interested on opinions. Fancy a Merc Vito, but I am expecting to need to buy something with high milage, so all you van users, what lasts the trials of time and gigging well?

Out of interest, it also means that my lovely box trailer will be up for grabs too - so anyone who is looking for one, let me know before it goes on e-bay!
    Box trailer How much mate?? and how big is it any pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Have a disco
    Box trailer How much mate?? and how big is it any pictures
    I'll pop up the garage later and take some snaps - looking for around the £500 mark I guess

I'm now on my second VW Transporter SWB van and wouldn't change the model. Very good drive and very reliable.
    Ian
    www.limelightandrhythmdisco.co.uk
    Covering Herts, Beds, Bucks, Essex, Middlesex, & NW London ... but have been known to travel further afield. PLI & PAT - member of MDA.

I've got the Vauxhall Vivaro. Service intervals of 18,000 and never had anything go wrong with it. Previous vivaro to this had 116,000 on the clock and drove like new.
    Economical on diesel and just seems to go on and on and on

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamH
    I've got the Vauxhall Vivaro. Service intervals of 18,000 and never had anything go wrong with it.
    Please! Touch some wood..... QUICK!

Just a thought, but if you're thinking about getting a van with high milage, it is always worth a trip down your local British Car Auction!

They have a total of 22 auction centres nationwide, some even dedicated to commercial vehicles. Their website is worth a detailed look.

British Car Auctions

Although it does say Car Auction, there are always commercial vehicles going through these auctions on a weekly basis in their midweek Commercial Auction!

There are many vans down there, including the makes and models specified in previous posts.

Always a bargain to be had!
    :teeth: Scott :teeth:

Roadie/DJ for The Sound Factory,
    operating in the Midlands, covering counties throughout the region