Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I feel down and downright peed off.

Default I feel down and downright peed off.

I did a (supposed) mate of mines wedding on 26th june just gone. On the night they were happy with everything on the night and so was everyone else they even thanked me for a great night.

He said to me can i pay you after the wedding because ive got a few things to pay for. So i said ok no problem thats fine.

When it came to chasing him up for the payment. He's then started to complain about things. I know he's trying it on to get it for free. Because the wedding is all over with now and he probably doesnt fancy paying anymore money out. I knew he was greedy but i didnt think he was going to try it on with me. How wrong was i.

Ive lost out..... Because i really cant be bothered to spend time argueing with him because i know i wont get it. So i said to him.

I know what you want.... You want it for nothing. I said just to show im not greedy like you. you can have it for nothing. But you better not speak to me again. Because i dont want to know you.

Sorry to rant...!
    Last edited by Twinspin; 13-07-2010 at 06:29 PM.

Don't blame you for feeling upset you trust people then they turn you over, it just goes to show had you insisted payment before commencing you would be a little richer, you wouldn't now be feeling upset and you wouldn't have lost a friend.
    I think you are right put it down to experience and never do it again for anyone

Not nice this situation, not that it's happened to me
    When I start my disco, I'll alway's ask for payment upfront and in advance prior to such entertainment starting just for piece of mind that the client will pay, no payment, no show
    Neil.

not really a friend then.

I would of got money off them as per usual. Isnt the favour that your doing for them rather than some stranger.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

That stinks mate, he's no friend, where does he live I'll go an give him a good talking to for you
    Last edited by Solitaire Events Ltd; 13-07-2010 at 08:08 PM.

Unfortunately I'm in the same position at the moment, but it's complicated by the fact that it was a gig I couldn't cover myself so I sent someone I trusted to do the job. Needless to say the guy I sent was absolutely gobsmacked when I chased payment and my "client" stated that he thought the DJ was a joke and the night was rubbish and he "told the DJ so on the night". Funny how the DJ doesn't recollect him telling him that...

Anyway, long story short. Gave the DJ the customers phone number and let him have a few words so they could work out what really happened and the money is now in the bank.

Some people are just (use your imagination).

Julian

ppentertainments

That's awful John.
    I avoid friends, family and local gigs now as found they were all wanting something for nothing.

Whatever the fee was, think of it as a small payment to get them out of your life forever, no-one needs friends like that.

worth having a word with his new bride? - maybe she isn't aware he hasn’t paid

Quote Originally Posted by Megamix View Post
    worth having a word with his new bride? - maybe she isn't aware he hasn’t paid

Better off having a word here

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs