Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Hunton Park Watford

Default Hunton Park Watford

Has anyone worked in the Hunton Park Venue http://www.devere.co.uk/our-locations/hunton-park.html

Because i have been told by a client that they have a sound limiter in the Venue, just wanted to know if anyone on here has been to this place.

Thanks

We've had DJs in there from time to time, but not for a while now.

Steve's racking his brains to try and remember, but without success at the mo.

If it helps, it's not on our 'blacklist' anyhow, so if there is a sound limiter, it can't be a really bad one (unless, of course, it's been installed/updated since the last time we were there).

Not an awful lot of help, I know, but if Steve's brain has total recall, we'll come back with more info.

I worked there about 2 years ago, did 2 functions in the summer, one in a marquee (no sound limiter). The other one was in the conservatory, and I can't remember seeing any limiter or even the warning indicator lights, had no problem with sound.

They may have been put in recently though, nearest houses are about 200/300 metres away at least, the other neighbours are Leavesden Film Studios, where the are filmed the Harry Potter movies, so I wouldn't think they would get complaints from them. As the building is on one side of a valley, with the way sound travels I suppose that they could get complaints from people on the other side.

Sorry I couldn't be more definite.
    Richard
    Phoenix Entertainments

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    We've had DJs in there from time to time, but not for a while now.

Steve's racking his brains to try and remember, but without success at the mo.

If it helps, it's not on our 'blacklist' anyhow, so if there is a sound limiter, it can't be a really bad one (unless, of course, it's been installed/updated since the last time we were there).

Not an awful lot of help, I know, but if Steve's brain has total recall, we'll come back with more info.
    Quote Originally Posted by funksoulbrother View Post
    I worked there about 2 years ago, did 2 functions in the summer, one in a marquee (no sound limiter). The other one was in the conservatory, and I can't remember seeing any limiter or even the warning indicator lights, had no problem with sound.

They may have been put in recently though, nearest houses are about 200/300 metres away at least, the other neighbours are Leavesden Film Studios, where the are filmed the Harry Potter movies, so I wouldn't think they would get complaints from them. As the building is on one side of a valley, with the way sound travels I suppose that they could get complaints from people on the other side.

Sorry I couldn't be more definite.

Thanks to both of you for that.

I have spoke to someone at the venue and she said that they have had trouble with the limiter when bands were playing at there, but when Djs are there everything is fine.
    As we know, most bands are to loud for most guests.

Quote Originally Posted by gaza View Post
    Has anyone worked in the Hunton Park Venue http://www.devere.co.uk/our-locations/hunton-park.html

Because i have been told by a client that they have a sound limiter in the Venue, just wanted to know if anyone on here has been to this place.

Thanks
    The marquee has a sound limiter.
    The mainhouse also has one but its not so sensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by MBK View Post
    The marquee has a sound limiter.
    The mainhouse also has one but its not so sensitive.

Thank you