Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Where to get HTI 150W bulb for martin minimac

Default Where to get HTI 150W bulb for martin minimac

Sold a couple of minimacs today that I had lying around and tested them last night and they were fine but when the guy got them home he says one
    of the bulbs is blown. I could leave him be as he declined the oppurtunity to see them working etc. but have offered to go halves on a replacement
    bulb. Have heard there is a cheaper version of the Osram but not sure where to buy it from. This site looks too good to be true. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sweetie View Post
    This site looks too good to be true. thanks
    Cost of shipping?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetie View Post
    Have heard there is a cheaper version of the Osram but not sure where to buy it from.
    Any good?
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing.
    It was here first.

Cheap lamps are a false economy, this was discussed recently on here and IIRC, Chris detailed some of the possible consequences, for example when cheap lamps explode inside fixtures.

You have an expensive, professional luminaire, so why do you want to put a cheap and nasty lamp in it? Pay the money for a branded lamp - Philips, Osram, etc. You wouldn't take a nice new Merc to a dodgy backstreet garage, would you?

Tony - I think you've missed the point of this thread. Ian has already sold the light - which was working when he sold it, but the buyer says it wasn't working when he got it home, so Ian has agreed to go halves on a new lamp.

Obviously, he doesn't want to be spending top whack for something he's not going to get the benefit of.

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    Tony - I think you've missed the point of this thread. Ian has already sold the light
    sorry Miss

I will read the thread properly in future, before replying

....now go and stand in the corner, Tony

thanks guys. think I've found one on ebay that will do the job

These might be worth trying http://www.lampco.co.uk/

www.accessallareasdisco.co.uk

Proud members of the NADJ

bulbs, being consumables are not normally warrantied when part burnt lamps are supplied with second hand kit, but its always tricky when a buyer has trouble with his purchase so early.

I would suggest you ask the buyer to inspect the faulty lamp. Its quite uncommon for discharge lamps to fail completely if they are still on one piece, so the problem could potentially lie elsewere.

One check to ask for is to swap the lamp from the working fixture into the faulty unit, and see if it works in that unit. If not, then you could have a fault in the lamp circuit, most possibly the ignitor, lamp feed loom or lamp holder.

If it does turn out to be the lamp and you wish to help out, i would suggest sabre international in reading for OSRAM HTI-150 lamps. Postage to Ireland should be very minimal for a small light package like this.

I STRONGLY suggest this lamp and this lamp ONLY in this fixture if you want to avoid futher damage, particularly if you could be held in some way liable by suggesting a cheaper and non manufacturer recommended lamp that goes on to damage the fixture.

Just for general reference - http://www.prolightingaccessories.co.uk/ are pretty keen on prices for most lamps. Including branded and unbranded options on most.