Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Keeping upto date

Default Keeping upto date

Just wondering how others keep upto date with the music. Me being an old boy(not as old as others though). I like listening to talk radio during the day, thus miss out on the music.

Quote Originally Posted by Thames Valley Discos
    Just wondering how others keep upto date with the music. Me being an old boy(not as old as others though). I like listening to talk radio during the day, thus miss out on the music.
    I tend to use the Radio 1 website, the chart singles website and listen to radio ocassionally.

But how do you know if there is a big hit out, without hearing it on the Radio. I look at the chart on the internet, but as we all know. A number one is not always a good tune(shadupa ya face)

Quote Originally Posted by Thames Valley Discos
    But how do you know if there is a big hit out, without hearing it on the Radio. I look at the chart on the internet, but as we all know. A number one is not always a good tune(shadupa ya face)
    I listen to it first- there's loads of sites that give you a 30 second clip to listen to, and then make a judgement whether I will use it or not.

Of course you can't be right all the time, but as the cost of a single track is relatively cheap it doesn't matter that much.

After 20 odd years, I do also have quite a good 'feel' for a track too.

I also check playlists, and download charts to see what people might be listening to or buying.

i dont do much modern stuff - but keep up with mastermix pro discs and now cds

The biggest problem I find around here is that the radio promotes pre-release stuff very heavily. It's particularly aparant with younger parties who listen to what's called "Vibe FM" in the east - they seem to have the "commercial" dance music scene fairly well sown up over here, so if you don't listen to Vibe, it really is very difficult to do the younger gigs around here.

Could we not have a sticky thread, that people could mention hot new tunes.

the problem with that is whats hot for one isnt gonna be for another... but then again

Yeah but i mean. Tunes like Gnarles barkely, Lily Allen , tunes that are a definate In tune.