Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buying from thomann

Quote Originally Posted by Danno13 View Post
    Fair enough, but if you do get uplighting enquiries, it would be 4 less to hire in

I use the same ones that Ben linked to, plus 16 of these type for larger rooms/budgets - http://www.thomann.de/gb/stairville_...4x1w_black.htm

True,

Actually thinking about it might be easier just dry hiring four off you then Dan?
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

True,

Actually thinking about it might be easier just dry hiring four off you then Dan?
    Yeah definitely, unless you are going to be using them on a regular basis dry hire is the way forward!
    http://www.premier-ltd.com DJ's, Dance floors, LED Furniture, Staging, Lighting, Draping, Audio & Visual Hire

I now own 8 of the ones Dan and Ben have.

Just chop the Euro plug off and attach a UK 3-pin one (Designed by my Great-Grandad I recently found out!!)

Also the splitters, I use the little Y-splitters you linked to Neil, but get them off ebay! I paid about £6 for 3.

As for the cans you linked to, they are not in stock until 30/07/2010. They were the ones I originally ordered, but cancelled them as I needed some ASAP - My most recent order was here within 2 days of ordering!!
    Scott.

SC Events | Facebook

Professional Conference & AV Services, Corporate Entertainment, Equipment Hire and DJs

On the subject of y splitters not ideal as they can present a live end if parted when power is on.

Quote Originally Posted by TONYTIGER View Post
    On the subject of y splitters not ideal as they can present a live end if parted when power is on.
    please elaborate, what exactly do you mean by a "live end" and "parted"?

Quote Originally Posted by A1DL View Post
    please elaborate, what exactly do you mean by a "live end" and "parted"?
    You'd only have a live end as a result of a highly improbable scenario - that a second splitter further up the line is also connected to a live mains feed, and joined to the first with a female/female link cable rather than the more sane and infinitely more common male/female arrangement.

Quote Originally Posted by vectisvibe View Post
    You'd only have a live end as a result of a highly improbable scenario - that a second splitter further up the line is also connected to a live mains feed, and joined to the first with a female/female link cable rather than the more sane and infinitely more common male/female arrangement.
    which although not a widowmaker by itself, should not exist for obvious reasons... and some slightly less obvious ones, for example what if the two mains feeds were on different phases?

Quote Originally Posted by SJS Discos View Post
    I now own 8 of the ones Dan and Ben have.

Just chop the Euro plug off and attach a UK 3-pin one (Designed by my Great-Grandad I recently found out!!)

Also the splitters, I use the little Y-splitters you linked to Neil, but get them off ebay! I paid about £6 for 3.

As for the cans you linked to, they are not in stock until 30/07/2010. They were the ones I originally ordered, but cancelled them as I needed some ASAP - My most recent order was here within 2 days of ordering!!
    Just to update...I don't know why I said that (in red) as I have attached IEC's to mine!! ...Being thick today, sorry!
    Scott.

SC Events | Facebook

Professional Conference & AV Services, Corporate Entertainment, Equipment Hire and DJs

Quote Originally Posted by SJS Discos View Post
    Just to update...I don't know why I said that (in red) as I have attached IEC's to mine!! ...Being thick today, sorry!
    what do you mean?

today.....
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    what do you mean?

today.....
    Ahhh shut it you!!
    Scott.

SC Events | Facebook