Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: google indexing

Default google indexing

Strange as it may seem , typing in "Crimson Tide disco" brings up my site
    However , the index page is correct , but the description refers to the old site , as does the faq page and others , the new site has been up for two weeks now ( based on wordpress) , so how long does google take to remove/update the links? , I have totally removed the old site from the server , there is now an index.php as opposed to index,html , is there anything I can do , or do I just wait ?

Cheers

Daryll
    darylldj.co.uk , serving hampshire , Surrey and sussex

Depends on what google has set your site to re re-read / how often.

If you get a google webmasters account you have more control over it.
    Nathan.

Just had a quick look. The last time google crawled your home page was 14 July (If you click on 'cached' in the google listing, you can check when it was last crawled and what it looked like at that time). It will get updated next time it's crawled.

As an aside: I looked at your new home page too, and noticed that you have "Proffesional Disco for Surrey , Sussex and Hampshire" in white writing straight across the top of your logo / heading! (and it's spelled wrong, as you can see!)

I'm viewing on Firefox v3.6.7

Thanks for that
    that wording has now been removed ( still learning word press)

Daryll
    darylldj.co.uk , serving hampshire , Surrey and sussex

Quote Originally Posted by Daryll View Post
    Strange as it may seem , typing in "Crimson Tide disco" brings up my site
    However , the index page is correct , but the description refers to the old site , as does the faq page and others , the new site has been up for two weeks now ( based on wordpress) , so how long does google take to remove/update the links? , I have totally removed the old site from the server , there is now an index.php as opposed to index,html , is there anything I can do , or do I just wait ?

Cheers

Daryll
    Interesting thread, as I've got the same problem.

If I do a Google search on Rob James Entertainment, the first result is for my home page, and the search result has this text: "Rob James entertainment is a professional company providing mobile discotheques and quiz nights in the Surrey area of the UK. We hold over 5000 tracks from ..."

That text is VERY old & hasn't been on my home page for nearly 5 years!...so I wonder why it hasn't updated in the Google searches, even though my website home page has been updated a number of times since then?

Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post
    Interesting thread, as I've got the same problem.

If I do a Google search on Rob James Entertainment, the first result is for my home page, and the search result has this text: "Rob James entertainment is a professional company providing mobile discotheques and quiz nights in the Surrey area of the UK. We hold over 5000 tracks from ..."

That text is VERY old & hasn't been on my home page for nearly 5 years!...so I wonder why it hasn't updated in the Google searches, even though my website home page has been updated a number of times since then?

You may have changed what appears on the page, but you haven't updated your description meta tag (which is where google get their description from). Just copied from your source code:-

<META NAME="description" CONTENT="Rob James entertainment is a professional company providing mobile discotheques and quiz nights in the Surrey area of the UK. We hold over 5,000 tracks from the last 6 decades, with music to suit all tastes.">

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    You may have changed what appears on the page, but you haven't updated your description meta tag (which is where google get their description from). Just copied from your source code:-

<META NAME="description" CONTENT="Rob James entertainment is a professional company providing mobile discotheques and quiz nights in the Surrey area of the UK. We hold over 5,000 tracks from the last 6 decades, with music to suit all tastes.">
    Ahhhh...we live & learn.

Thanks for the info, Angela.

I never was very technical...looks like something I need to speak to the web guru about!