Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fireworks triggered by music

Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post
    Is that a laptop I see?

Whoaaaa Peter...you've certainly moved with the times!

Rob, to be serious, in this game it's not possible to stand still. If you try to do that, you go backwards. My present way of working is as ideal as I can make it at the moment. Having a laptop as secondary/backup playout and download capability is in my opinion the best way.

I know we're all different, so what works for one maybe doesn't for another. Rob, I know you appear to do all you preparation in advance, so that you don't need to download at the gig, but I just couldn't cope without that option now.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Personally I find it easier to keep the socks paired throughout the laundry cycle; definitely saves time later.

THESE really help, too

Quote Originally Posted by vectisvibe View Post
    Personally I find it easier to keep the socks paired throughout the laundry cycle; definitely saves time later.

THESE really help, too
    Vectis, my friend, if I hadn't met you in person, I'd think you were the most nitpicking, pernickety, detail obsessed, nerdy control freak ion the entire universe.

For anyone who hasn't had the pleasure, Martin's actually as normal as it's possible for a DJ to be.

EDIT: Martin, I find that having odd socks actually gives you more pairs to choose from.

Chris: Thanks for your input.... I'll let you know the outcome as soon as we've spoken to them

Peter: Thanks for the offer, but I've got several expert technicians of that ilk readily to hand here!

...Oh and socks? laptops? downloading at gigs?....

Just an update to say, I haven't forgotten about this and letting everyone know what the outcome is, it's just that the bloody fireworks company STILL haven't contacted us!

Let's hope they're more reliable on the night itself!

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    Just an update to say, I haven't forgotten about this and letting everyone know what the outcome is, it's just that the bloody fireworks company STILL haven't contacted us!
    Let's just hope they furnish you with a little more than a fuse, a match., and a stopwatch.

Having just had casue to look up this thread to link to in another thread, I've realised I never gave the outcome.

The client decided that the fireworks company didn't know what they were talking about and got fed up with them faffing around, so he cancelled them and booked another company.... who clearly DID know what they were doing, and the whole thing went off without a hitch

Having just had casue to look up this thread to link to in another thread, I've realised I never gave the outcome.

The client decided that the fireworks company didn't know what they were talking about and got fed up with them faffing around, so he cancelled them and booked another company.... who clearly DID know what they were doing, and the whole thing went off without a hitch
    We ran a lead from their PC to my rig, sound came out of our speakers & the fireworks were triggered by the PC.

Total pros & a fantastic show. A pleasure to deal with (& they were on site longer than me, they were there about half an hour before me & were still there when I left))
    Last edited by Corabar Steve; 26-01-2011 at 10:09 PM.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Having just had casue to look up this thread to link to in another thread, I've realised I never gave the outcome.The client decided that the fireworks company didn't know what they were talking about and got fed up with them faffing around, so he cancelled them and booked another company.... who clearly DID know what they were doing, and the whole thing went off without a hitch
    Now this is really weird, but I thought, nay was certain, that you had done. Unless it was by PM, perhaps. Nowadays, I forget a lot of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    We ran a lead from their PC to my rig, sound came out of our speakers & the fireworks were triggered by the PC.
    Whaaaaaaaaaat? You let them plug into your rig?