Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Wedding Coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    The term refering to a kettle and pot comes to mind.
    Do you really want me to play that?

Magic Moments ....... making your moment magic.
    www.magicmoments-disco.co.uk

Secretary of NADJ

Just to answer the comments then I'll :

What were the requirements ?? I can't see many DJ's, unless travelling, charging £650+ for a basic wedding disco.
    The quote was for a wedding disco 7pm to 12am. No other details were given at the time. From our conversation later, I got the feeling that there was uplighting and maybe even video screens involved, too, although she didn't strictly say that. I also got the feeling the client was very wealthy possibly someone famous. The entertainment budget was a four-figure sum.

Nothing too unusual there, however for a wedding coordinator to say £650 was far too cheap is absurd, especially in a venue where the resident DJ charges £120.
    I never said she said £650 was cheap. She said £350 seemed too cheap compared to the other quotes they had received from others. I've also a feeling that some of these others were professional AV companies as opposed to mobile discos. Again, nothing we said to confirm this solidly but, from our conversation later, this is the impression I got.

Just to add, I've done gigs at the venue ranging from £120 to £295 so I know it's not a venue thing. This was an issue with the wedding coordinator.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Well the first one I rang is going to ring me back on Monday.

The second said they don't wish to commit to anything but I can drop off a cards and leaflets that go in their wedding packs.

The third, I'm about to call now.... - This is one I want the most.

...and the third said give us a ring on Monday.

Anticipation.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie brown View Post
    ...and the third said give us a ring on Monday.

Anticipation.

Yeah ... and a Friday afternoon sales call to a wedding co-ordinator in July is really going to endear you No wonder she said Monday

Good luck with it btw

Quote Originally Posted by vectisvibe View Post
    Yeah ... and a Friday afternoon sales call to a wedding co-ordinator in July is really going to endear you No wonder she said Monday

Good luck with it btw
    Thank's Martin.

You (we) may have a little job on hands knocking up a recommend venue list. Similar to Darren's...but not as sophisticated.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    How are you in business when you have such a negative attitude to earning more money. Don't you have ambition? Don't you believe in what you do? Why are you saying that your kit would not warrant it? Is it the kit you sell or you and the service you provide?
    Well said that man,totally agree with you Darren its not all about how much kit you use a lot of my clients like the professional nothings too much trouble approach in fact most of my jobs now consist of dj booth pros system with 4 scanners centre light depends on what we fancy putting up play out system couple of uplights and thats it but they are still prepared to pay a good fee because of the way i run my buisness and the presentation of the kit and myself.Believe in yourselfe aim higher you dont get them all but you do get your fair share.