Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Swivel wheels for subwoofer

Default Swivel wheels for subwoofer

Can anybody recommend some swivel wheels to bolt onto a subwoofer? Either that or some sort of platform with wheels on it? My only concern with the bolt on option is voiding the warranty on the sub..
    Last edited by DJ Tony McQue; 28-07-2010 at 04:03 PM. Reason: I wrote heels instead of wheels!

Suitable sized peice of wood and four wheels screw them on hey presto !!!

Go to B&Q and buy some heavy duty screw on wheels. Around £5 to £10 each depending on duty type. For a sub you could go for lighter duty as they are pretty robust anyway.
    When the world ends , ill probably have to clean up the mess.

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

I have one of those, but it's not much cop on anything other than a completely flat surface, as the wheels are solid plastic, rather than rubber. It's good for moving things about in my lockup though!

Flightcase warehouse used to sell one a bit bigger, with better wheels although it was about £45 which is expensive for what is essentially a bit of wood with 4 wheels bolted to it. If you're passing Hereford 6th form college, mine is probably still there from when I left it
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    Revolution Event Services Ltd - Wedding Lighting
    01386 898 113

We've got a couple too. It does the job inside venues (wouldn't suggest anyone uses it outdoors, or tries to pile a ton on it either.) Just saves carrying down long corridors, etc.

Could always go for this one instead: http://cpc.farnell.com/road-ready/rr...8404?Ntt=dolly

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

Thats a bit like the one I mentioned only even more ludicrously priced! These are what I use by the way, work fine for all kit including dance floor panels (can do about 12 at a time with this baby!)

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/27108/...n-1-Hand-Truck
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    Revolution Event Services Ltd - Wedding Lighting
    01386 898 113

Yep - got one (or is it two?) of them (or very similar)... plus a 'stair-walker' as well.

Add Machine Mart to the list. Good range of trolleys, dollies, and separate wheels.

I'm sorely tempted to buy a set of the ones I saw in a local engineers shop. Pneumatic, 6" tall, off road capable!!
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

My Dad made me one. I bought some thick Plywood and put some wheels on.
    also got wood round the outside to stop cases sliding off it. Im going to make the dollyboard bigger so i can put 2x subs at one on it.