Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Meade Hall, Minley, GU17 9UA

Default The Meade Hall, Minley, GU17 9UA

Hi all,

I have a wedding at this venue next saturday (7th August).

Has anyone been there before and if so, can you tell me what the access is like etc?

Many thanks
    G

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
    Hi all,

I have a wedding at this venue next saturday (7th August).

Has anyone been there before and if so, can you tell me what the access is like etc?

Many thanks
    G
    Hi Gary,

This won't be a lot of help, but the Meade Hall is right behind the Crown & Cushion Pub, which is on the Minley Road in Blackwater.

I'm doing a gig at the army barracks on the same road in August, and I recently met the clients at this pub. It is easy to find, and has a car park, although not a large one.

Unfortunately I didn't walk to the back of the premises, so I didn't see & can't comment on the hall itself, but I hope I've been of some help.

Cheers mate. I googled it and saw that it was behind the Crown & Cushion so I may take a drive up there on sunday or something to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    Cheers mate. I googled it and saw that it was behind the Crown & Cushion so I may take a drive up there on sunday or something to check it out.
    Gary, I have a gig coming up soon at this venue, can you give any feedback,

THANKS IN ADVANCE

cheers

CRAZY K

Sorry, only just seen this, and I guess it's done now
    I did one for you there Gary a couple of years back when you were taken ill. Access then was along a path around the cricket pitch side of the building and then into the building and set up in front of the fire place. I was allowed a smoke machine then I think. No real problems, path was a bit bumpy, very nice venue with friendly management.
    Counting my blessings

Unique, Elegant and Fun Wedding Disco Entertainment
    http://www.thepartydj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Paul The Party Dj View Post
    Sorry, only just seen this, and I guess it's done now
    I did one for you there Gary a couple of years back when you were taken ill. Access then was along a path around the cricket pitch side of the building and then into the building and set up in front of the fire place. I was allowed a smoke machine then I think. No real problems, path was a bit bumpy, very nice venue with friendly management.
    Not done yet---its 7th September

Any body around for a meet up

Nasty sounding access--never mind I ALWAYS charge high prices for these kind of gigs and assume the worst.

LOOKS LIKE I WAS RIGHT AGAIN:

Ah well better leave plenty of time AS USUAL

Many thanks just confirms my SUSPICIONS on this gig.

Blimey, this thread is 2 years old now.
    I originally asked about this venue and then unfortunately (as Paul says) got ill and had to get the gig covered...

However.... I was there for a 30th Birthday last September and I found the access very easy. You can back up to some double doors in the car park which will take you past the kitchen, through another door and then into the hall.
    Very nice people who run the venue and they advised where I should set up which was in a corner. There are high ceilings and smoke was allowed. The acoustics weren't bad at all. There is lots of seating areas outside and in this weather I'd worry that people would take advantage of that. I was ok because the weather wasn't that great at the time. I quite liked the venue.

Blimey, this thread is 2 years old now.
    I originally asked about this venue and then unfortunately (as Paul says) got ill and had to get the gig covered...

However.... I was there for a 30th Birthday last September and I found the access very easy. You can back up to some double doors in the car park which will take you past the kitchen, through another door and then into the hall.
    Very nice people who run the venue and they advised where I should set up which was in a corner. There are high ceilings and smoke was allowed. The acoustics weren't bad at all. There is lots of seating areas outside and in this weather I'd worry that people would take advantage of that. I was ok because the weather wasn't that great at the time. I quite liked the venue.
    Its ok Gary, I typed in the venue on Google and up came an MDD POST---YOURS!!!!

Power of MDD

I dont do smoke or corners( unless its 12 feet across) due to my set up but will do my best---not sure where the Cricket Pitch comes into all this

Thanks for the reply --thats great

If I remember correctly, the venue had a kind of booth layout. There were corners where people could sit and eat and the bar was along one side. There were some double doors next to the bar that lead out to the seated area / smoking area.

Paul may have loaded in around the other side and come through the double doors? Saying that, the cricket pitch may have been on the other side of the car park? I didn't even notice it.

If I remember correctly, the venue had a kind of booth layout. There were corners where people could sit and eat and the bar was along one side. There were some double doors next to the bar that lead out to the seated area / smoking area.

Paul may have loaded in around the other side and come through the double doors? Saying that, the cricket pitch may have been on the other side of the car park? I didn't even notice it.
    ok thats great Gary--im getting paid in advance so if they want to go outside and smoke all night thats fine by me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks again