Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Key World Media - Complaint

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    So basically what you are saying is just let these people go around conning people, if if happens to you, just do nothing, let them get away with it, let them carry on what they are doing and con more people?

How many posters in this thread would just sit back and do nothing if they thought they had been conned? it may not be search engine placement, it could be an online product purchase, purchasing advertising or the promise of some other service that never comes to anything. Would you just be British and think tough luck, my fault, someone else has got my hard earned money and I'll let them get away with it?

Charlie has enough grounds for a case through the mis information that he was provided with on which he made a decision to enter into a contract. The suppliers haven't upheld their side of the contract or provided what was agreed from the outset.

Would also be interesting to see if they really are Google approved partners (or whatever they are called), if not, it add weight to the deceit, if they are then it would be worth firing off a complaint about their unethical business practices.
    Hear Hear!!
    Yes people should complain and stand up to con merchants, charlie should have listened to other members advice but he didn't .
    He is only human like all of us !!!
    Good luck Charlie !!!

So basically what you are saying is just let these people go around conning people, if if happens to you, just do nothing, let them get away with it, let them carry on what they are doing and con more people?

How many posters in this thread would just sit back and do nothing if they thought they had been conned? it may not be search engine placement, it could be an online product purchase, purchasing advertising or the promise of some other service that never comes to anything. Would you just be British and think tough luck, my fault, someone else has got my hard earned money and I'll let them get away with it?

Charlie has enough grounds for a case through the mis information that he was provided with on which he made a decision to enter into a contract. The suppliers haven't upheld their side of the contract or provided what was agreed from the outset.

Would also be interesting to see if they really are Google approved partners (or whatever they are called), if not, it add weight to the deceit, if they are then it would be worth firing off a complaint about their unethical business practices.
    The difference when you are purchasing products is there is a clear advertised product. If it does not meet requirements then you have the opportunity to complain and distance selling regulations apply.

Rubbish advertising companies are hard to prove. Prove the adverts never appeared or they never did his google bit. A bit more difficult.
    www.nkentertainment.co.uk
    The north wests premier wedding DJ and singer package. We will not be beaten on quality!
    www.michaelmooble.co.uk

You have to be realistic. Is it really worth the time and the effort for £130?

OK, I'll be honest, and this will make Charlie feel better. Exactly the same thing happened to me on a larger scale about 5 years ago. I was conned. They are very clever and at the time I knew nothing about SEO or the law. I paid out a lot of money and tried to get out of the contract and could do nothing. The company were well known to trading standards, but that made no difference whatsoever.

In the end I had to pay to get out of the contract, so let's not give Charlie false hope and I don't think telling him to forget it and move on is bad advice at all.
    Last edited by Solitaire Events Ltd; 31-07-2010 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post

OK, I'll be honest, and this will make Charlie feel better. Exactly the same thing happened to me on a larger scale about 5 years ago. I was conned. They are very clever and at the time I knew nothing about SEO or the law. I paid out a lot of money and tried to get out of the contract and could do nothing. The company were well known to trading standards, but that made no difference whatsoever.

In the end I had to pay to get out of the contract, so let's not give Charlie false hope and I don't think telling him to forget it and move on is bad advice at all.
    Agreed. I got done over for £5k in a property investment deal. Although I have not yet crystalised my loses I have zip chance of seeing my money again. Long story short - what I was suppossed to be investing in got changed to something I would never have invested in. The contract could have had a horse and cart driven through it so I was stuffed. I should have known better and read the contract, but I just cracked on trusting them.
    Moral is don't trust people and always read contracts, do your research, etc, regardless of how well you know people or thing they are genuine.

When it goes wrong then accept it.

Use it to make you stronger.
    www.nkentertainment.co.uk
    The north wests premier wedding DJ and singer package. We will not be beaten on quality!
    www.michaelmooble.co.uk

Exactly the same thing happened to me on a larger scale about 5 years ago. I was conned.
    I am assuming this was the same company that I knew about Darren? The one that caught us out too? (God, was it really only 5 years ago? It seems longer!!!)

It was only quite some time after the fact that Darren and I discovered we'd both fallen for the same spiel!

And yes, by the time we found out, the net was full of 'con men!' stories about them, but TS weren't really interested at all (actually, they never even bothered replying despite my sending several emails/letters/faxes, etc). I also discussed various aspects with a solicitor. It cost us a HELL of a lot more than £130 to learn the lesson, and the best result we could manage was to get out of the contract without losing any more!

The contracts from these types of companies are carefully written so that they will have provided you with the service that they are contracted to provide, and they will say that you have just misunderstood what was said to you / deny what was said on the phone, and you have NO PROOF of what they said to you.

You could argue that you didn't see the contract, but they will have it posted online, and ignorance is no defence in law. The onus on you is to read it.

So yes, it is extremely annoying, frustrating, appalling, disgusting, etc, etc, etc... and, no, they shouldn't be allowed to get away with it, but you have to be realistic: without evidence of what they said, and evidence to show that they didn't do what they said, it's a pretty sticky-wicket!

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    I am assuming this was the same company that I knew about Darren? The one that caught us out too? (God, was it really only 5 years ago? It seems longer!!!)
    Could have been longer!

Yes, it was the same company and let's be honest, neither you or I are naive, so it could happen to anybody.

foreggeddabbouttit

Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

You're right.

I have taken proper advice and they said it's a grey area.

Had I paid with a credit card, they reckon I would have got the money back.

Hey ho! You live and learn.

Note of advice for everyone...
    DO NOT USE KEY WORLD MEDIA OR ANY OTHER SEO COMPANIES THAT ARE SIMILAR. THEY ARE A WASTE OF MONEY

I think it is bad advice to say "learn your lesson and live with it" as it is that type of attitude that means these type of companies continue what they are doing and con more people. The more people that stand up to them and the more difficult things are made for them, the harder it will be for them to continue business.
    Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post
    I couldn't agree more.

I agree. If no-one complains then nothing gets done. But you do have weigh up the effort to return ratio. If we're talking about trying to get back a £ton then it's not worth ploughing more money in. Make the complaint, write a couple of letters and then call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by NKR View Post
    Yes really difficult. They change their name and carry on. Until there is a change in company law it will continue to happen over and over again.

Its called buyer beware.

Charlie had a telephone conversation and it is a his word against theirs position. How on earth is he going to prove they didn't deliver what they promised?
    Which they have done already. At least once that my short research turned up.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie brown View Post
    You're right.

I have taken proper advice and they said it's a grey area.

Had I paid with a credit card, they reckon I would have got the money back.

Hey ho! You live and learn.

Note of advice for everyone...
    DO NOT USE KEY WORLD MEDIA OR ANY OTHER SEO COMPANIES THAT ARE SIMILAR. THEY ARE A WASTE OF MONEY

You're learning, Charlie. It's all a learning curve. And we call it "life".
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

I really like marc j's avatar................... ooops
    always remember, you're unique, just like everyone else......