Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Key World Media - Complaint

Default Key World Media - Complaint

Hi folks..

I know Martin told me to avoid them like the plague but temptation got the better of me when KeyWorld Media phoned two weeks ago.

I have now cancelled my subscription with them as I'm terrible infuriated with the service I received.

I will enclose the email I sent to the manager. I wanted to cancel the same day I purchased the services but had to go through the long process of emailing the customer care assistants.

They are claiming I'm not worthy of a full refund...see what you think.

I will link them to this thread once we have had a few replies.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to cancel my services with your company and apply for a full refund.

I feel cheated and appalled by the way your staff and company have dealt with us.

My first encounter with KeyWorld media was as follows:

“Good morning Mr Brown, how are you this morning? More and more people are using Google everyday to find services and business. When I type in anything disco/DJ related you’re not on the first page. Would you like to be on the first page?”

“Yes, of course! I have web designers who deal with the running and maintenance of my site.”

“Well I can get you on the first page for just £99 within 48 hours. Would you like to do that? You can then drop this to £20 a month.”

“Yes, I would. Give me a day or two too have a think and a chat with my partner.”

“Well if you book today, you can have 50,000 Facebook ads.”

“No, I would like to have a day to think about it.”

*Persistent calls both to my office, landline and mobile urging me to pursue. Serious hard sell*

In the end I decided to go ahead as she promises the 50,000 Facebook Ads.

I hand over my card details and it declines. I thought this was odd as I knew we had £120 in that current account. Your colleague tries again but it declines. I THEN ask your colleague how much she is trying to take out and she says £139. I explain that she originally told me £99. Her reply was “there are vat charges added onto the £99” I told her that 17.5% of £99 is not £39. She replies, “I tell you what, I’ll drop it to £116.”

Immediately I had lost trust in your business.

She then says “Okay, that’s all done. Have a good day.”

“Hang on, what happens next? Who talks me through the process? Do I not get anything in writing?”

“Oh, yes of course sir. A pack will be sent off first class today and someone will call you Tuesday to discuss your keywords.”

A “welcome pack” didn’t arrive, I’m occasionally seen on the right hand side of Google and nobody phoned to talk me through my Keywords. Actually, your team guessed what KeyWords I would like.

At around 2.30pm (Tuesday) a member of your sales team calls. I thought it was to run through my Keywords but unfortunately it was to sell me another advertising pack via Facebook.

She soon stopped when I explained I hadn’t received a call or the “welcome pack” so she gave me a number to ring. I rang the number and was put through to several people and endured your holding music for around 15 minutes. I couldn’t provide them with my account number because I hadn’t been issued one.

Nobody understood what the “welcome pack” was. I explained that a member of your sales team told me she would have one sent out the day I enrolled.

Eventually, I was told you don’t issue the “welcome packs” anymore but email it instead. Funnily enough, I hadn’t received the email.

I decided to check how I was doing on Google. Too my horror, I discovered I was already on the first page of Google in the natural results. So again, your company lied to me. If I had known, I wouldn’t have wasted £116. I had no reason to be with your company.

By this point I was fed up with your colleague’s lack of interest, support and lies. I made a verbal complaint to my “account manager” (Samantha) who then spoke to the manager on duty. Unfortunately it wasn’t possible for me to speak directly to the manager, but instead I was given this email address.

Samantha fully understood my frustration and disbelief I had in your company.

First it’s £99 then it’s £139. Then I waste my time chasing a “welcome pack” that doesn’t exist. I then discover that you lied to me in the first place and I was already on the first page of Google for most key phrases. Nobody called regarding the key words; instead you rang to hard sell another product and I have heard nothing about the 50,000 free Facebook ads.

Samantha fully understood my concerns and was a great help.

Unfortunately, some members of your team aren’t informed about how the booking procedure works and should realise that it’s wrong to try and withdraw an additional £39 from somebody’s account without making them aware. It’s stealing.

Your company also lied on several occasions.

I would like my contract terminated and a full refund. You haven’t delivered what you promised and have treated me very poorly

Business relies on trust and respect. Regrettably, I have lost both in your company.

Regards,

Charlie Brown

Dear Mr Brown,

Thank you for your email.

I would like to apologies for the confusion in regards to the payment and the welcome pack. I can see on your account that the full amount agreed was taken so the matter was rectified.

In regards to the welcome pack, you can access precisely the same full information through your online portal. Please visit link below:

http://portal.keyworldmedia.com/

All you need to do is click to register and enter your details. Please advise if you have any trouble in regards to this.

The portal is one of Keyworld Media’s new features and it seems the sales agent may not have been aware of this, however as stated before the full information is easily accessable.

I am able to see your chosen phrases on Google in good position. Please advise if you are unable to view them.

You say in your email that you were lied to on several occassions – would it be possible to detail the other instances in which you feel you have been lied to?

Kind Regards

Louise Kerr

Customer Service Manager

So, what do you all think? Don't be annoyed I tried it...just please give me advice on my rights?

What card did you use to make the payment Charlie as some offer buyers protection?
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

I'm not offering any advice on this one.

It is your choice to do what you want, but when you ask for advice then completely disregard it, advice won't be as forthcoming for the situation you now find yourself in.

Charlie, sorry mate but I have no sympathy for you. You learn by your mistakes. If you hadn't written the first line of your post then I wouldn't know any different and probably wouldn't comment but you said the following yourself....

"I know Martin told me to avoid them like the plague but temptation got the better of me when KeyWorld Media phoned two weeks ago".

If you choose to ignore the help of someone that obviously KNOWS what they are talking about then sorry but it's your own fault...isn't it?

Okay okay your right.

Just delete the whole thread.

Although I feel your frustration Charlie, I really do - You have to admit you've been a bit of a prize as you've only yourself to blame!

If someone said "you know what Charlie, don't play around on the fast lane of the M25, you're liable to get hurt, in fact take my advice, don't play on any lane of the M25" - would 'temptation' get the better of you?
    Every day's a school day

Floorfillerz Mobile Disco

Simon Pridmore

Yes, once again.

Can the thread be deleted.

I can understand why everyone is rather "annoyed" with you Charlie and while you say you've been a fool if people just offer you the advice your looking for then nothing is to say that you wont do this again in time.

Lesson learnt the hard way prehaps.

I would like to think someone could offer advice on this but this is the very reason why people did warn you Charlie.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

You have distance selling regs to fall back on but only 7 (I think) days. The theme of your email suggests it's gone on longer than that.

A fool and his money are soon parted springs to mind.
    Steve

I think the thread should be left open as a warning to others. If you're given good advice the moral of the story is to consider it.

Charlie, why did you disregards Matin's advice in the first place?