Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Key World Media - Complaint

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    Lesson learnt the hard way prehaps.
    Yes, I've understood that. Everyone will just call me a fool and a Muppet. I wanted legal advice. I'll get this x 10 instead....

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    I'm not offering any advice on this one.

It is your choice to do what you want, but when you ask for advice then completely disregard it, advice won't be as forthcoming for the situation you now find yourself in.
    Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
    Charlie, sorry mate but I have no sympathy for you. You learn by your mistakes. If you hadn't written the first line of your post then I wouldn't know any different and probably wouldn't comment but you said the following yourself....

"I know Martin told me to avoid them like the plague but temptation got the better of me when KeyWorld Media phoned two weeks ago".

If you choose to ignore the help of someone that obviously KNOWS what they are talking about then sorry but it's your own fault...isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by simonp View Post
    Although I feel your frustration Charlie, I really do - You have to admit you've been a bit of a prize as you've only yourself to blame!

If someone said "you know what Charlie, don't play around on the fast lane of the M25, you're liable to get hurt, in fact take my advice, don't play on any lane of the M25" - would 'temptation' get the better of you?
    Quote Originally Posted by discomobiledj View Post
    You have distance selling regs to fall back on but only 7 (I think) days. The theme of your email suggests it's gone on longer than that.

A fool and his money are soon parted springs to mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    I think the thread should be left open as a warning for others.

Charlie, why did you disregards Matin's advice in the first place?
    I went against Martin's advice because a £100 appeared in my bank (from school.) I was half asleep and Key World phoned. She offered me the 50,000 Facebook ads too (worth £150) and promised me a account manager would spend time helping/tweaking the keywords.

She said they were a Google certified partner etc, so I just thought bugger it and used the money from School.

I'm not going to be drawn into this one.

But I will post this: LINKY

And of course there's dozens of other google links too...

Charlie, you complete and total

Thank you Martin.

Honestly, I'm sorry for being an idiot. They are just so good at selling stuff over the phone and I fell for it.

I have noticed my natural rankings drop too. I wonder if it's related.

I'm determined to get my money back. She has emailed me again saying I won't be issued with a refund.

Does anyone know my legal rights as a consumer?

They promised me 50,000 Facebook ads which I never received?

I have now cancelled my contract completely so my ads won't even show till the end of my contract.

I'm going to my local consumer rights place tomorrow but any advice now would be great.

Can anyone help me legally?

Quote Originally Posted by charlie brown View Post

Charlie....its all in the rich tapestry....don't beat yourself up!!

All of the people berating you for making mistakes and not listening to advice have all made similair errors in the past.This week (at 52) I have just bought a Citroen Zsara from the cheaper end of the market(against everyones advice) and the clutch has just shattered on it.Everyone can't wait to to tell me what a fool i've been(again).

At least you try things...Not many chaps on here were as succesful as you when they were 16/17.Stick in there....keep making mistakes...cos thats the best way to learn!!

Quote Originally Posted by charlie brown View Post
    Who is the contract with? Yourself? Aren't you under 18? That could be your get-out.

Maybe.

I'm no lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by StarZSoundS View Post
    All of the people berating you for making mistakes and not listening to advice have all made similair errors in the past.
    That maybe so, but in my case I didn't have the rich vein of knowledge and experience that exists on here. I had no-one to ask, so therefore made mistakes.

That is the difference.

.keep making mistakes...cos thats the best way to learn!!
    Cheers Martin! I still want my money back though.

Quote Originally Posted by vectisvibe View Post
    Who is the contract with? Yourself? Aren't you under 18? That could be your get-out.

Maybe.
    It could but I have already parted with the money. It isn't a contract.

I have now cancelled the services completely with them as it's effected my natural search rankings.

I think if he is old enough to have a bank account he is old enough to be sold to.

£100 quid for a lesson in listening to older and wiser folk. Well its £100 well spent my friend. Losing a tonne hurts at any age, but just chin up and upwards on onwards. Martin has been around the block a few times. Many of us have met the these people - Oh and don't forget world on a plate Julian as well (right jockey he was).

What does not kill you makes you stronger. As long as you learn.

Never buy on the blower - EVER! Anyone with a decent product will leave a number and let you call back. When was the last time you forced a sale - exactly! My DJ buddy Kev is in sales of health and safety courses. Very good record of sealing sales but on the return call - why? It's a genuine package, so no need for pressure sales.

Chin up dude and let it go. Make sure you have confirmation you are not on some £20 a month product as per original pitch as that could be a sod to get cancelled.
    www.nkentertainment.co.uk
    The north wests premier wedding DJ and singer package. We will not be beaten on quality!
    www.michaelmooble.co.uk

....keep making mistakes...cos thats the best way to learn!!
    Do you really believe that? Regardless of age, learning from the those who are wiser is preferential to learning from your own mistakes.