Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: studiomaster powerhouse 300 8.2 and laptop

Default studiomaster powerhouse 300 8.2 and laptop

hi all i have brought the above for my mobile disco and am wondering how i connect the laptop to it, im presuming its one of the line channels but want to know what cabe i need, somone must have the same setup, any help appericated thanks graham

Quote Originally Posted by gharbud View Post
    hi all i have brought the above for my mobile disco and am wondering how i connect the laptop to it, im presuming its one of the line channels but want to know what cabe i need, somone must have the same setup, any help appericated thanks graham
    Since I appear to be first on the scene:

Hello. Please take the time to introduce yourself in the Newbies section. You will find that people are more responsive after this courtesy. Thank you.

Right, I've looked for a manual on this machine, and I can't find a good piccy or anything. The simple answer is 3.5mm jack ( from headphone out on laptop ) to two RCA or 1/4" jack, depending on what inputs are on the mixer. Also you'll very likely need something like this:
    http://cpc.farnell.com/1/1/55112-gro...or-a-1095.html
    to cut the hum you're almost guaranteed to get.

However, that's not the best answer. We'll go into that later, I'm sure. Good luck.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

ok thankyou for your response, will introduce myself, i have found a 3.5 to 1/4" jack adaptor for the mixer and then i take it its just a 3.5 to 3.5 into the adaptor, thanks for the quick response, any more information appriciated thanks graham

ok thankyou for your response, will introduce myself, i have found a 3.5 to 1/4" jack adaptor for the mixer and then i take it its just a 3.5 to 3.5 into the adaptor, thanks for the quick response, any more information appriciated thanks graham
    This would be the more normal type of lead.
    http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR309720
    The mixer channel should be stereo line, and thus have two sockets. If it's an XLR and a jack, it's a mic channel, and not what we want.
    If it's a tape input, we can cope with this, cos most use RCA.

http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/search/pr...sp?SKU=AV17223

thanks, i broght today a 3.5 jack to 3.5 jack lead and a 3.5 to 1/4 adaptor which is in channel 1 on the mixer and the other end straight into the laptop via a small usb souncard, works absolulty perfect, will upload a pic of the mixer when i can, the lead in the link you sent me do i put that across two channels?

thanks, i broght today a 3.5 jack to 3.5 jack lead and a 3.5 to 1/4 adaptor which is in channel 1 on the mixer and the other end straight into the laptop via a small usb souncard, works absolulty perfect, will upload a pic of the mixer when i can, the lead in the link you sent me do i put that across two channels?
    No, one. That's the confusion. Like I said:
    The mixer channel should be stereo line, and thus have two sockets. If it's an XLR and a jack, it's a mic channel, and not what we want.

However, if it's working alright, it's working alright, and I'm glad to hear you're using an external soundcard.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Hello. Please take the time to introduce yourself in the Newbies section. You will find that people are more responsive after this courtesy. Thank you.
    Congratulations on your appointment as a mod, Peter!

this is the mixer i have at the moment i just have a stero 1/4 jack in the top of channel 1 top left hand side, so what your saying is i have to have a cable which splits these into two and go into two channels side by side and u have to use both of the grey sliders?
    Attached Images Attached Images