Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to replace lamp in dynamo?

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    I downloaded the manual also, and it tells you everything except how to change the bulb.
    Fine ill take your word for it,but if i had these fixtures i would have investigated how to change lamp before it blew it cant be that hard.

Tony - There are a million screws on the fixture which look like you can remove to get to the lamp. I had a quick look at a gig i was doing when setting up but couldnt see at the time. The manual doesnt state how to change it and rather than unscrewing screws i didnt need to i though it be best to ask the more experienced guys on here!
    Ive ordered a couple of osram bulbs as ive read on here they are better than some cheaper ones.
    I also never got round to looking at this at home as ive not long bought them, and have got receipts saying they have just been pat tested and new bulbs in them all too so didnt think id need to at the mo.

Quote Originally Posted by TONYTIGER View Post
    Fine ill take your word for it,but if i had these fixtures i would have investigated how to change lamp before it blew it cant be that hard.
    No need to take my word at all, Sir. You may view the very article yourself.
    http://www.eclipseav.com/pdfs/dynamopartyscan.pdf

And if I were a sensitive soul, I'd say that the tone of your reply could be seen by some as less than polite.

Your logic about checking bulb replacement before this point is however unassailable logic. If it uses a bulb/lamp. it will blow, and thus will need changing.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    No need to take my word at all, Sir. You may view the very article yourself.
    http://www.eclipseav.com/pdfs/dynamopartyscan.pdf

And if I were a sensitive soul, I'd say that the tone of your reply could be seen by some as less than polite.

Your logic about checking bulb replacement before this point is however unassailable logic. If it uses a bulb/lamp. it will blow, and thus will need changing.
    Sorry you have lost me ,i suggest you read my post in context as it was tounge in cheek hence the and the word sorry in the first sentence.
    And i still say if you are going to use a piece of equipment in your line of work check it out ie were the fuse is what rating,what lamp how do i replace it and so on. But then again i have been on the road for over 45 years some time on tour for many months and have learnt to be very prepared for break downs and such like.

Sorry you have lost me ,i suggest you read my post in context as it was tounge in cheek hence the and the word sorry in the first sentence.
    And i still say if you are going to use a piece of equipment in your line of work check it out ie were the fuse is what rating,what lamp how do i replace it and so on. But then again i have been on the road for over 45 years some time on tour for many months and have learnt to be very prepared for break downs and such like.
    I see no smilie, and no word sorry. Only a reply which at best could be described as grudging,and could easily merit the tag "derisory".

And as I said before, I agree totally.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

And as I said before, I agree totally. [/QUOTE]

totally disagree as soon as i get a new fixture it gets plugged in and tested then straight onto the rig. couldnt give a monkeys what fuse it takes as i always carry a selection. im so impatient that i dont want to waste time reading spec. sheets. ive always been of the opinion that real men dont need instructions. we just prod, poke and whack it until it works

Sorry to be so cruel but how can you run a mobile and not know the basics on how your gear works.
    If you have not got the original user manuals nearly all are available to download on the net.
    Its like having a car and not knowing how to open the bonnet.

Do some homework (rant over)
    Bit harsh Tony thought this forum was for advice?

Quote Originally Posted by livewire View Post
    Bit harsh Tony thought this forum was for advice?
    I do give lots of advice on technical side of the Forum,and my advice in this instance was to investigate your gear before using.
    Sorry if you thought it was a bit harsh.