Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Self-addressed stamped envelope & confirmation quality.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K ROADSHOW View Post
    Whats a stamp and envelope

I thought everyone was on email, scanning and a certain amount of Internet bank transfers

Obviously not---despite being of the "older" generation we dont embrace technology--we love it!

I suppose it depends how you get your work--i.e. Internet, recommendation, YP, advertising off the net, word of mouth etc.

Certainly 99 per cent of our clients love it because all our work is from the Internet ---and in fact because we are involved in a certain amount of Corporate work we found this method was forced on us by Corporates who said---hey we are doing this way--working smarter and faster is that ok?

You bet--no delays--no Postal strike traumas--no postage--no envelopes etc.

The odd email goes astray but 99 per cent dont.

I think all the Weddings I cover are all dealt with by email far as I recall.
    What digital signature process are you using, out of interest?

Quote Originally Posted by DJMaxG View Post
    I can understand using high quality paper for your letterheads, but do customers really notice the envelope
    I like to present a quality image, so whether they do or not, I will still use them.

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    none of my business cards have a number on

Business cards with no phone number on? That has GOT to be a first!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Wild View Post
    What digital signature process are you using, out of interest?
    None normally a lot of people we deal with use a scanner and thats it for our Agency--PRINT -SIGN-SCAN-EMAIL BACK.

For my personal gigs when I get the scanned document back I PRINT-SIGN-SCAN-RETURN BY E MAIL because I also sign the Contract.

Im not saying every gig is done this way but most are, for my personal gigs if someone signs a Contract and sends it in the post I SIGN scan that and email it back.

I cant remember any client recently not having an email address or access to one.

TBH I dont want to deal with any clients that dont have access to email--
    if its a friendly elderly client who doesnt carp on about the PRICE and is happy to accept our Professional advice I will send a letter but can only remember one in the last 12 months.

If you want to get into digital signatures ask Angela at Corabar who helped me 18 months ago with one where the guy was in Australia and allegedly couldnt couldnt scan.

Thanks Angela

The bad news---he cancelled the flaming booking

Shame--- we we had a NRBF for £150

We do get a certain number of Contracts SENT TO US in the post--but hey we dont have an outlay of stamps, paper, envelopes and of course---IT WAS SENT 2 WEEKS AGO

Also avoids having to get to the Post Box--which may sound silly but some days it gets a bit hectic here

I just email everything so no envelopes involved.

I think clients probably like to be sent confirmation by post, it's something more personal, something pen signed and adds another dimension.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K ROADSHOW View Post
    If you want to get into digital signatures ask Angela at Corabar who helped me 18 months ago with one where the guy was in Australia and allegedly couldnt couldnt scan.
    I wrote my signature in ballpoint pen on a piece of A4 paper, scanned it, and created a JPG image of it, so it is there, should I be required to use it in letters/e-mails.

Angela - What is your method?

Do you send a Self-addressed stamped envelope with your confirmation pack?

I used to, but now without the stamp, is that a bit tight of me?

What grade envelopes and paper do you use?
    I used to use conqueror paper, but now use different brands - but still high-grade paper of 100/110gsm.

TBH, very little gets done by post now - but we always offer the option (I'd say only about 1 in 50 says they would prefer hard copy as opposed to emailed documents.

Quote Originally Posted by DJMaxG View Post
    Angela - What is your method?
    We now use eWebmin to create the documents which can either be printed out and signed, or emailed. It also has the facility for digital signatures built in. Very simple and effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    We now use eWebmin to create the documents which can either be printed out and signed, or emailed. It also has the facility for digital signatures built in. Very simple and effective.
    A chap on here, to whom I am heavily indebted, uses e-sign for signing contracts. I'm told it's not the cheapest system, but it certainly works well. No scanning, no messing.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I think clients probably like to be sent confirmation by post, it's something more personal, something pen signed and adds another dimension.
    I agree Mark, something of a personal touch. I confirm electronically but always back this up with a Booking Pack through the post - including a signed booking confirmation letter. And in answer to your original question I do send out a SAE for the return of the T&C's - I use nice cream self sealing envelopes with my address printed (rather than handwritten) on and pop a 1st class stamp on it.
    Every day's a school day

Floorfillerz Mobile Disco

Simon Pridmore