Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For the wedding DJs....

Default For the wedding DJs....

Helped out a fellow DJ last night as I had a night off so to speak.

Naturally was at a wedding hence the thread title. He however did something that I had never really tried before incase it "bombed".

He finished on take that "never forget" good so far. Then played the first dance as the last song. Worked well and will try it myself. Just wondering if anyone else does this?
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post

Naturally was at a wedding hence the thread title. He however did something that I had never really tried before incase it "bombed".

He finished on take that "never forget" good so far. Then played the first dance as the last song. Worked well and will try it myself. Just wondering if anyone else does this?
    Err, as far as I know, it's almost regarded as de rigeur. Don't often do it myself, but that's just me.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Err, as far as I know, it's almost regarded as de rigeur. Don't often do it myself, but that's just me.

I have thought about it before when debating what to finish on but have always "chickened" out because it might go south and would hate to finish a night like that.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Don't often do it myself, but that's just me.
    Me neither, unless asked.

It's usually 'Never Forget' or 'You Got The Love' for me as the last songs.

I've done it once before, worked really well also but it was requested by the bride and groom. Up here 8/10 (for me anyway) they want Runrig - Loch Lomond and I must say, it works everytime.

ppentertainments

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Wild View Post
    I've done it once before, worked really well also but it was requested by the bride and groom. Up here 8/10 (for me anyway) they want Runrig - Loch Lomond and I must say, it works everytime.
    Whenever you Scots invade our country to get married in , I nearly always get asked to finish with Runrig. Anyone from England and it never gets asked. Personally I think it is a great song to finish with.

I have once or twiced been asked for the first dance to also be the last, but more commonly I am asked for the song used when the bride walks down the aisle, especially when doing 'all day' weddings.

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post

I generally finish with Take That - Never forget and I get everyone to stand in a circle clapping etc. works really well. Then for the final song I usually play I've had the time of my life - quite fitting really

a few guys round here finnish with the first dance song,i have done it a few times.
    but i find it depends on the song,seem to get a lot of diverse first dance songs nowadays and they really wouldn't be appropriate for a second playing at the end of the function.
    www.mobiledjcumbria.co.uk

N.A.D.J Member

North East & Cumbria branch Founder member

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
    It's usually 'Never Forget' or 'You Got The Love' for me as the last songs.
    You Got The Love?? Really? That's a strange last song, in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Wild View Post
    Yes, it is a banker really as it usually involves all the remaining guests - and I think everyone knows the routine!