Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sky Broadband

On a seperate note, i would try and persuade any NTL customers to switch to anyone (except BT!!) as there is a minimum call charge of 6p - literally for picking up the phone! Most NTL customers don't realise that they can keep the television service and move the phone to a (far) more cost effective provider ..... such as Utility Warehouse (you knew it was coming!!), Talk Talk, Tesco, Sainsbury's - virtually every man and their dog are doing it now!

'Short Back and Sides Sir, and would you like Free Evening and Weekend Calls with that?'

'Did you enjoy the meal? Would you like to save money on your telephone for a dessert?'

Sheeez.

Seriously though, ANYONE (apart from NTL) is cheaper than BT and some of those will also be able to offer you discounts on the line rental as well.

BACK ON TOPIC!!

Wi Fi stands for Wireless Somethingoranother!! Either you laptop will come Wi Fi enabled, or you can buy a card that slots into the side of it. It basically means that your laptop is able to pick up the Broadband signals in these Hot Spots.

A lot of Hotels and Shopping Centres have Hot Spots, i have even seen a McDonalds with one as well!!

Quote Originally Posted by NeilP
    BACK ON TOPIC!!

Wi Fi stands for Wireless Somethingoranother!!
    Wireless fidelity

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd
    Me too!

You order it first then Ian, and I can learn by your mistakes! :teeth:

But you've got the brains and the money. :teeth:
    Ian
    www.limelightandrhythmdisco.co.uk
    Covering Herts, Beds, Bucks, Essex, Middlesex, & NW London ... but have been known to travel further afield. PLI & PAT - member of MDA.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by dj andy allwood
    im not all clued up on internet etc, but lets say i bought a laptop and i take it with me all over the place would i be able to get internet wherever i go? or have they not invented that yet i know if i plug it in on say a gner train i can use it but what about say in the middle of a field or in an empty warehouse????
    If your looking for something as above try connecting to a mobile internet provider like Orange whom now do a very decent deal for £30 per month with free internet capabilities as well and orange have the best coverage all over uk so sitting in a field whilst on your laptop is quiet feasible

Not strictly sound advice about Orange's coverage being given there.

Check out http://www.mobileshop.org/buyguide/coverage.htm which gives you more information about the coverage supplied by the different operators.

seen this report before some time ago will say that all networks have there good and bad areas, but until last year according to which magazine, orange had the best reason being they had both 3g and normal masts to cover all eventualities whilst the rest are still catching up. and as well as that there is now a rising opposition by general public to companies putting up masts here there and everywhere something to do with the microwave effect to kids etc etc

You can use you phone as a modem with any mobile phone network provider. You will generally only get a maximum of 115k downstream though, I dread to think what the upstream is

getting faster I here with 3g phones

A mobile phone should be used as a phone. If you need internet access get a PC, if you need a camera, get a camera. Where will it end!