Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DB Technologies Sub15

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid DJ View Post

RCF 705 AS - A lot of people on here rave about these, I have never heard it in action but have heard many an RCF system in action and I have usually been pretty impressed. It was in the lead until..
    Consider the RCF Art 905 AS. Very nice subs.

QSC do a sub with 15" driver called Hpr 151i which I got to complement my K12s earlier this year. Got a great deal too from a dealer in Ireland who imported direct from Shure (QSC uk distributors) of about £700 so much cheaper than the KSub and a better sub imo - ksubs work better in pairs.
    It's 43 KG and not massive. Could do with wheels though!

Oh and the ksub has twin 12" drivers thus boosting it's spl!

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid DJ View Post
    Like you, I have been swithering for ages on which sub to buy. I also own 2 x Mackie SRM450v1 which I have never had any issues with other than lacking in bass for larger functions. I narrowed my choices down to the following:

Mackie SRM1801 - Mackie state this is the matching sub to go with the SRM450s however, it is just a re-badged version of the thump sub. There is 1 review on the web of it which basically says avoid.

QSC K Sub - QSC make great gear which lasts forever and this sub on wheels looked perfect. I just didn't see how a 12" driver could produce decent low end frequencies.

RCF 705 AS - A lot of people on here rave about these, I have never heard it in action but have heard many an RCF system in action and I have usually been pretty impressed. It was in the lead until..

DB Technologies SUB15 D - Again, a lot of forum members have these and swear by them. A certain german retailer is selling the RCF sub for the same price as this which made the decision even more difficult. In the end, I have opted for this as I plan to get a pair of the Opera Active speakers to replace my Mackies at some point. I also got a stupidly good price on it through a friend who runs a high end PA hire company. They rent out stuff like Funktion One to festivals so I trust his advice on the subject. I am still waiting on it to arrive but can let you know my thoughts, I have no doubt it will be spot on though.

Hey guys, new d.j and new in the forum and learning as i go!

i got a pair of db opera 402 d's and im very happy with them. I have been recommended the db opera sub 15d to go with them.

http://www.hwmusic.co.uk/product/db_...ies_89162.aspx

is the item for sale in the link the predecessor to the sub 15d?

i considering getting a 2nd hand db sub 15, just want to make sure it will work well with my speakers. im not great at this stuff and dont know the technical differences between the 2 subs.

can anyone put me on the right track please?

Thanks Oli
    Last edited by Corabar Entertainment; 08-12-2010 at 11:45 AM.

Hi there. Please have a read of this thread:-

http://www.forum.mobilediscodirector...ad.php?t=11711

and pop on over to the 'Newbies' forum to say 'Hello'.

I look forward to reading your intro thread

PS: You might also want to have a re-read of the forum rules here:-

http://www.forum.mobilediscodirector...ad.php?t=19228 ('Txt' speak' isn't allowed on this forum... I've amended your post for you )

interesting - pondering on a db sub - very pleased with my 405ds (good bass) - not a lot of info out there on forums on these - but was persuaded after listening to them after I went for RCFs (apparently they are RCFS innards anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by Vectis View Post
    Great combination. Used it myself for a couple of years. I have two dBsubs for very big venues but 9 times out of 10 I just use the one.

Mine are for sale mid-September if interested I'll put your name on the list

Tis an awesome sub
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

I have this (one) and it always clips!

Don't confuse the 15D (digital amp - apparently not very good) with the 15 (analogue amp, very good)

The sub15d is pants in my opinion, it gave off very little bass and clipped at very low levels. The sub15 (non digital version) is apparently fine. I sold my sub15d 3 weeks after buying it new and bought an RCF 705AS, now that is a sub!
    Atac Digital - DJ hire in Edinburgh and the Lothians
    http://atacdigital.co.uk/dj-hire/

Ok, don't laugh but the other day I was trying out different combinations etc for different venues. I do a lot of gigs at popular venues and wanted to see what could go with what etc etc...

For my monthly residencies I usually use a pair of JBL JRX125's with some...ahem, Peavey Pro Sub 15's. They're not the best but they fill out the sound of the JBL's nicely and oh!...nearly forgot, they go through a crossover.

So, when I got my Mackie SRM450 V2's back on tuesday, I decided to try them with the Peaveys aswell. Fiddling about with the crossover and getting the low rumble filled out the sound nicely and I was happy with it.

I've though about the DB Sub aswell and maybe after christmas, I'll get one but until then or until I get one...I have to make do with what I have. I'll come back to this thread as and when because of the comments and recommendations.