Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Website Review please

Default Website Review please

Hi guys & gals,

Its been almost 6 months since the start of my website venture and I'm looking for some CONSTRUCTIVE criticism please ...

Other than my clients I thought it would be good to ask other DJs what they thought ... but try and be professional in your comments ... no bad mouthing please

We are all trying to give DJs a better name and I'm trying to be as professional and "above-board" as I can be. Your thoughts are welcome.

My website address is in my signature strip

Thanks Darren

I personally think it look's quite dated, the early years of websites and the pages seem to go on forever to scroll.
    Nathan.

I tend to agree with DJWilson.

Also, your site says "Public Liability Insurance is a LEGAL requirement for any business"

Are you sure about that?

ppentertainments

Just had a quick flick, looks neat and tidy, but I find it full of false promises and you highlight 'negativities' all the time.

False Promises - You'll Have The Night Of Your Life and That's A Promise!!, guaranteed to set your party alight .
    How can you guarantee this ???

Negativities - So what differentiates my mobile disco service from the cash-in-hand, beer-money DJs?
    Can you afford to ruin your party with a cheap DJ?

Concentrate on what you are good at, don't mention less superior services as much.

I like the layout, clean and simple, but your site seems to have too much 'general' advice about booking discos as opposed to concentrating on what YOU provide.

Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post

Also, your site says "Public Liability Insurance is a LEGAL requirement for any business"

Are you sure about that?
    Found out today its not that will be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Just had a quick flick, looks neat and tidy, but I find it full of false promises and you highlight 'negativities' all the time.

False Promises - You'll Have The Night Of Your Life and That's A Promise!!, guaranteed to set your party alight .
    How can you guarantee this ???

Negativities - So what differentiates my mobile disco service from the cash-in-hand, beer-money DJs?
    Can you afford to ruin your party with a cheap DJ?

Concentrate on what you are good at, don't mention less superior services as much.

I like the layout, clean and simple, but your site seems to have too much 'general' advice about booking discos as opposed to concentrating on what YOU provide.
    Thank you for your feedback much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post

Are you sure about that?

It will be in the future though Rob as more venues insist on this he just needs to change the wording.

Had a peek there is a lot of information on there you could do with compacting it a little.
    I liked the tips page your customers will find that useful,your package page needs changing only one link for weddings.
    Whats your usp why should people come to you, what do you provide other people don't??
    But the website is easy to navigate and clear....

Quote Originally Posted by livewire View Post
    It will be in the future though Rob as more venues insist on this he just needs to change the wording
    Even if every venue in the country asked for it, it still wouldn't make it a legal requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by livewire View Post
    It will be in the future though Rob as more venues insist on this
    Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    Even if every venue in the country asked for it, it still wouldn't make it a legal requirement.
    Indeed.

Darren,

I have to admit I agree with the " dated look " comment.... It's very 1999 website style.

Can I ask how you built it ?? Was it by scratch or using a base template? Or a CMS or whatever??

Have you considered moving over to WordPress or Joomla?
    These are much easier to use than coding everything...... and it's like using a word processor.

I've created quite a few sites using Joomla :

* Kids Entertainer Site
    * My Website
    * A DJ Client Site I created
    * My Web Design Shop Template

These are just a few to give you an idea......

You can get joomla from here : www.joomla.org
    And wordpress from here : www.wordpress.com

There are others out there but they are not as popular and don't have as many extensions and addons.

With regards to content, I feel you have FAR too many menu options on the front page.
    Try breaking them up into sub menus....makes it easier to digest.

Just my quick view opinion