Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Website Review please

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mix Mobile Disco View Post
    Sounds like passing off??
    Google it
    We are all entitled to our opinions to your point about my tip no 6, it clearly states its good to speak to the DJ who is going to be performing for you, I think this is a valid statement.
    Maybe, maybe not. Your inference is that larger companies won't let you have the DJ best suited to your gig. WE always match the gig to the DJ best suited to it. Many times the client couldn't care less who they have or if they talk to them prior to the event. In one instance we asked if a client wanted to speak to the DJ beforehand, the answer was "No, I'm sure you'll pick the right one for us". Point 6 is ill informed nonsense.
    It's nice to have a little personality
    I have to say if I was considering booking you & then came across the comment that you are referring to on your website (the hog roast one in case you;d forgotten) I would look elsewhere. I'm not having the hired help eating the buffet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Agree with all you say, but PAT is probably "closer" being a legal requirement.
    (I do have experience in PAT, dating back to early 90's when it first came out).

Not a legal requirement, but the DJ does have a legal responsibly to ensure the gear is safe - PAT meets these needs..
    Ever heard the phrase "teaching granny to suck eggs"
    Last edited by Corabar Steve; 07-11-2010 at 07:48 PM.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    Google it
    Plenty of times :-)

Mostly online...
    Wedding DJ Hertfordshire
    Hertfordshire based DJ, also covering Essex and North London.

Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Sounds like passing off??
    I can find a very similar sounding disco very close to you (40 miles in fact), with a very similar domain name.

It actually looks like your domain was registered before the other company, but still needs looking at from your end to avoid confusion.

Clients could find the other company, and with 2 companies in local area with similar names will have problems from both ends.

I can see your domain(s) was registered in Jan/Feb 201, whereas the other company was end June 2010.

Very little you can do about it to be honest if both companies did not exist prior to the domain reg and you're both sole traders.
    Wedding DJ Hertfordshire
    Hertfordshire based DJ, also covering Essex and North London.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    I can find a very similar sounding disco very close to you (40 miles in fact), with a very similar domain name.

It actually looks like your domain was registered before the other company, but still needs looking at from your end to avoid confusion.

Clients could find the other company, and with 2 companies in local area with similar names will have problems from both ends.

I can see your domain(s) was registered in Jan/Feb 201, whereas the other company was end June 2010.

Very little you can do about it to be honest if both companies did not exist prior to the domain reg and you're both sole traders.
    I did make a point about this in a prior thread, I wasn't amused in the slightest to find that company had nicked a name close to mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    Google it
    Maybe, maybe not. Your inference is that larger companies won't let you have the DJ best suited to your gig. WE always match the gig to the DJ best suited to it. Many times the client couldn't care less who they have or if they talk to them prior to the event. In one instance we asked if a client wanted to speak to the DJ beforehand, the answer was "No, I'm sure you'll pick the right one for us". Point 6 is ill informed nonsense.
    I have to say if I was considering booking you & then came across the comment that you are referring to on your website (the hog roast one in case you;d forgotten) I would look elsewhere. I'm not having the hired help eating the buffet.

Why is everyone so touchy on this forum?

Why is everyone so touchy on this forum?
    I don't think people are and comments like that certainly won't help.

Steve made very good points in his post, most of which I agreed with. I don't see that as being touchy.

Passing Off:

Big Mix Entertainment was a company I worked for, the company re-started as I approached the owner. We worked together.

Big Mix Entertainment is no longer trading, I know this because I stopped working for the owner as he moved away, I speak with him now and again.

No law breaks here I'm afraid.

Passing Off:

Big Mix Entertainment was a company I worked for, the company re-started as I approached the owner. We worked together.

Big Mix Entertainment is no longer trading, I know this because I stopped working for the owner as he moved away, I speak with him now and again.

No law breaks here I'm afraid.
    Darren, re-read Steve's original post. He wasn't accusing you of passing off, he said that the way you had worded it gave that impression to him..... obviously something you wouldn't want any prospective customer thinking!

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    I don't think people are and comments like that certainly won't help.

Steve made very good points in his post, most of which I agreed with. I don't see that as being touchy.
    I'm here to try and make friends and form business relations, I'm honestly not here to rub people up the wrong way, so ...

I have removed Tip No 6 and I am re-wording about PAT and PLI.

Hope that helps.

Darren

And thanks for clearing that up, I think I need to chill a little - my apologies to all