Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I tried, Lord knows I tried.

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    I bought a dnhd 2500 when it first came out and never got on with it......

...... just difficult to find tracks.
    How difficult can it be?????

Use up / down arrow (optional first step not needed if selecting Artist)

Hit enter

Type a bit

Hit enter

type a bit more or use the up / down arrows

Hit enter

Press play

alternatively........

twist a knob (optional first step not needed if selecting Artist)

tap same knob

twist it again

tap it again

Press play
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post

Hit enter

Type a bit

Hit enter

Hit enter

Press play

alternatively........

tap same knob

twist it again

tap it again

Press play
    totally understood. Great piece of kit and reliable too

Just loving Itch more as its a bit more easier from my point of view and more versatile as it is a bit quicker to sort out what you want.

Maybe i did not explore it enough
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    Just loving Itch more as its a bit more easier from my point of view and more versatile as it is a bit quicker to sort out what you want.
    I can find any track in about 7 seconds. How much quicker do you need it?
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    Are you sure? ....He can't manage to print an excel file!
    Not strictly true.

Quote Originally Posted by Creature View Post
    I have heard about this but not experienced it. My Cortex is one of the original 1st batch and has never shown this problem.
    I've got two with this fault,and the newer one's the worse of the pair.

Hit enter

Type a bit

Hit enter

Hit enter

Press play

alternatively........

tap same knob

twist it again

tap it again

Press play
    Very. . Steve, you left out at least seventeen presses of the escape key to warn it you wanted to ask something, and a load of swearing .

On the Cortex:
    Type
    press enter
    press enter
    press enter
    done.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

You only have to hit escape if you want to back a stage, which invariably points to user error & not the machine

Oh dear, Peter. You and the Denon just aren't seeing eye to eye.

I love my Denon, all three of them. I never really liked the cortex though and ended up selling it.

Dont have this issue with having a custom built pc and VDJ type whatever you need in the search bar and hey presto (aslong as you've got it lol) id guess proberley less then half a second and its there

Cheers Dave
    Dave

You only have to hit escape if you want to back a stage, which invariably points to user error & not the machine
    Not according to my Teacher. And as far as I could see, all the errors were nothing to do with the user Steve! How dare you suggest such a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Oh dear, Peter. You and the Denon just aren't seeing eye to eye.

I love my Denon, all three of them. I never really liked the cortex though and ended up selling it.
    Shaun, apart from owning a Denon, and spending months locked into a soundproof room, and not coming out till one of us submits, I couldn't have done a lot more.

The experience of using the Cortex however is a totally different matter. You can search everything instantly from any point, all results come up at once, and apart from the Sword of Damocles when you search on the playing side, which you soon install a Pavlov's Dogs response to ( hit the tab key, as soon as you've pressed play ), it's fine.

Were it not for the accursed sticky play button, the machine would be totally fit for purpose. Why oh why can't somebody design a new machine to take the DJ world by storm? Two big colour screens, user friendly software, two USB sockets front and back , possibly an installed HD and CD drawers.

Quote Originally Posted by Booche View Post
    Dont have this issue with having a custom built pc and VDJ type whatever you need in the search bar and hey presto (aslong as you've got it lol) id guess proberley less then half a second and its there

Cheers Dave
    Sorry mate, I couldn't live with a system that slow.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

When I picked up DJing again about 3 years ago I looked at the big 3 Hardware Controllers ,Numark, Cortex and Denon and decided to lay out the cash on the Denon because it was getting the best reviews at the time.

I'd say the biggest problem with the denon is the small screen so you can't easily search for inspiration. The pseudo crate feature was introduced later on and i never really tried it, as i always kept my laptop open to take requests, search and keep a playlist. I used it for about 2.5 years.

About 6 months ago i started trialing Traktor with the Denon HD2500 as controller and even tried a HC4500. I didn't get on with the latency and the fact that some of the controls didn't fall easily to hand. Then Native Instruments bought out the X1 controller. This is super portable, robust and doesnt have latency problems. The only downside is the lack of jogwheels but you get used to it.

The advantage now is I can find anything within seconds, tags tracks into the crate, pre-prepare sets, lists, songs that work together. Cue points, loops etc are also taken care of with preparation.

I work differently now and gig is about playing the best of what you've already thought about rather than thinking 'what next' ... that does happen though when you can't get them to dance.

As said above, there seems to be a definite lack of products of this type for the mobile dj market, which is why I have jumped to a laptop.

i would say that if you
    * build a dedicated machine and use it for nothing else.
    * use a decent soundcard
    * use a robust controller
    ... you will have very few problems, if any at all.

I'm about 15 gigs in now with Traktor and it has been flawless and when people see it with the X1 controller they definitely don't think 'just another laptop DJ' ... they are on the whole interested in what is going on and impressed by the facilities.

The HD2500 is a good machine but not without it's flaws, so has now been relegated to backup and i really do believe that if I had used any of the others i would still have ended up going laptop as i think we have got to the point now where it is the way to go. you only have to look how many of the big names are now Djing from laptops, Tong, Carl Cox, Fatboy Slim. If it wasn't rock solid reliable they wouldn't even be considering it.

Quote Originally Posted by dh140770 View Post
    when people see it with the X1 controller they definitely don't think 'just another laptop DJ' ... t
    How on earth would you know something like that?