Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I tried, Lord knows I tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Not according to my Teacher.
    Go on then, I'm curious now. What are you using the escape key for?
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

I don't understand how you can find it so hard to use the Denon? I'd say without a doubt that the Denon is the best piece of kit that I own. Searching is easy and if you can't find something using the different methods (Artist, Title, Genre, Year etc), then you just press F12 and go into 'String Search' mode which I believe the Cortex has too.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    How on earth would you know something like that?
    From the queues that form when people are trying to get a look at it
    (maybe definitely was a strong word to use lol)

Seriously though, what I am trying to say, it is looks, feels and works in a way that you are still DJing properly ... whatever that is .... rather than dragging tracks into Media Player or Winamp autofade which IMO isn't really DJing as they don't give you room to experiment and try new things. Don't get me wrong, there is a time and place for these apps, background music etc, but they are not designed to extract the best from the tracks you are working with, cue points, mix out points etc to give the gig a better flow.

The X1 give you full control over the features and aside from searching for a track you don't need to touch the laptop at all.

I have had nothing but positive comments about the setup.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
    I don't understand how you can find it so hard to use the Denon? I'd say without a doubt that the Denon is the best piece of kit that I own. Searching is easy and if you can't find something using the different methods (Artist, Title, Genre, Year etc), then you just press F12 and go into 'String Search' mode which I believe the Cortex has too.
    After using one for 2.5 years I can concurr with this. it is dead simple to use. Takes about 5 minutes to learn and maybe an hour to master all the features (there are a lot!), it's just the lack of inspiration that got to me even after the first gig, which i took a paper list too ... aaargh!

On the Hardware Controller front, no-one has mentioned Pioneer. I really thing they shot themselves in foot with the MEP7000 because you have to have the CD/DVD drawers. I don't need those and if it had been a 3u Hard disk Controller I would have probably have bought one.
    Last edited by WWDJ; 16-08-2010 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    Go on then, I'm curious now. What are you using the escape key for?
    Everything. I shall have to introduce you to my teacher. Ask Darren, he's met him.

Because it's the most user unfriendly piece of DJ kit I've ever come across.

Default setting on the Cortex. Gary, if the play buttons on both my Cortex units weren't sticking, I'd not have even looked at the denon.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

You've obviously got a rubbish teacher, who should take a break from DJing then

As for user unfriendly.......

What nonsense, I don't even have to think about what I'm doing, it's that intuitive.

Admit it, you're just a luddite in disguise
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    You've obviously got a rubbish teacher, who should take a break from DJing then

As for user unfriendly.......

What nonsense, I don't even have to think about what I'm doing, it's that intuitive.

Admit it, you're just a luddite in disguise
    Eh? No disguise needed, I'm wearing the t-shirt proudly.

As you know, my experience with the Cortex was not a happy one so I won't go down that road again and start the usual Denon vs Cortex vs Numark thing.
    Ex - Are you saying that the Denon search facility is what has put you off totally? I honestly can't see what the problem is. The only way I would not be able to find a track is if I have tagged it wrongly...simple as that. I think it is SO EASY to use.

As you know, my experience with the Cortex was not a happy one so I won't go down that road again and start the usual Denon vs Cortex vs Numark thing.
    Ex - Are you saying that the Denon search facility is what has put you off totally? I honestly can't see what the problem is. The only way I would not be able to find a track is if I have tagged it wrongly...simple as that. I think it is SO EASY to use.
    In a nutshell, yes. Justin, John and I have sat together, and raced each other in a search. Justin wins hands down, I'm a creditable second, and John loses by a mile.

I'm willing and eager to be shown how the denon can work well, but I don't see it happening. I know I'm a Luddite, but I've used Justin's VDJ rig, and it's a piece of cake. Of the three systems, I still prefer the Cortex by a country mile. If it weren't for those accursed buttons......................................

I think you have hit the nail on the head there! When I first got my HD2500 I hated it, to the point of nearly destroying it with a lump hammer. Thankfully someone gave me some tips and advice and my problem was traced to my database, or more specifically the ID tags. If these aren't right, you will never be able to use the HD2500 to its full potential. It took me a long time and much effort to clean up and arrange the database, and learn the HD2500s functions, but now I love the player, apart from the silly small screen of course, the Hi - Res Numark screen is much better.
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    I still prefer the Cortex by a country mile. If it weren't for those accursed buttons......................................
    How much to fix Peter, cant be that much surely

I have one unit that sticks--so I use the other one