Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to sell VJing to clients

Default How to sell VJing to clients

As been said elsewhere on the site VJing is an idea I'd love to get more involved in but what is holding me back is the costs against the "likely" rate of return.

For the people who sell the VJing how do you do it? As an add on? What sort of events go for this?
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    As been said elsewhere on the site VJing is an idea I'd love to get more involved in but what is holding me back is the costs against the "likely" rate of return.

For the people who sell the VJing how do you do it? As an add on? What sort of events go for this?
    Hello there i've seen people VJ on karaoke nights before & after people singing.
    It's a usp for you for a start and would add to any event really, if you think about it.
    Last edited by simon1969; 19-08-2010 at 05:02 PM. Reason: grammar!!

I have been doing it for over 2 years and have no problems selling it
    Northamptonshires Premier Video Disco • Northamptonshire based PAT Testing
    -----
    Pioneer DJM 2000, Apple MacBook Pro 17", 2 x Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk III, 2 x Technics SL1210, Virtual DJ

Quote Originally Posted by DJ James Lake View Post
    I have been doing it for over 2 years and have no problems selling it

What sort of screens are you using? Tv's? what size?

Just trying to cost it up. For getting the videos alone it would cost a grand to get all the classics? Then the software etc...

Adds up really quickly.

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Hi, after getting interested in the video side of things I started offering a VJ service back in 2006. I bought the Numark DVD01 twin dvd player and a couple of secondhand plasma screens and it took off from there.

The main and ongoing expense is the discs, getting a good collection of popular tracks together on dvd cost a fortune. I went through my dvd folder and worked out each disc costing approx £40 meant I had about £4000 worth of discs

I found that I had to really sell it to the client as an extra, the main functions being the more upmarket 18th's and 21st , school proms and corporate events. Saying that a have 2 weddings within the next month that both want this as an extra to show wedding photos mixed in with wedding visuals and some music videos. I also rig up a camera pointing on the dance floor.

I have now invested in 2 Pioneer DVJ1000's and a Pioneer SVM1000 mixer and it makes it a lot easier (god I hated that Numark player it was soooo slow). I have a selection of different size plasma and LCD screens and for larger events 4 fastfold screens of different sizes with 4 projectors. Was it worth it ? Definately, I love it, it's something different and feedback is always positive.

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    What sort of screens are you using? Tv's? what size?

Just trying to cost it up. For getting the videos alone it would cost a grand to get all the classics? Then the software etc...

Adds up really quickly.
    I use generally use 3x 42" Plasma Screens and for larger functions a 6'4' rear projection screen

Running through Virtual DJ.

The videos arent cheap but I do get a premium rate for the video shows.
    -----
    Pioneer DJM 2000, Apple MacBook Pro 17", 2 x Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk III, 2 x Technics SL1210, Virtual DJ

Was it worth it ? Definately, I love it, it's something different and feedback is always positive.
    But is it profitable?

I have a video DJ and he is really good, massive back catalogue of songs etc but its been on my site as an extra for the last 3 years or so and I have only taken 3 bookings for it from approx 1,500 hits a month on the disco site alone!

He loves it but it isnt profitable for him.
    http://www.premier-ltd.com DJ's, Dance floors, LED Furniture, Staging, Lighting, Draping, Audio & Visual Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Leicester Ben View Post
    But is it profitable?

I have a video DJ and he is really good, massive back catalogue of songs etc but its been on my site as an extra for the last 3 years or so and I have only taken 3 bookings for it from approx 1,500 hits a month on the disco site alone!

See thats the impression I have but I'm open to changing my mind.

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Leicester Ben View Post
    But is it profitable?

It certainly is for me, but it is all about education with clients, I tend to upsell it mainly as its not something many clients are aware of or have seen.
    -----

I agree with James, ater the initial outlay it now makes a good profit often going out for double or treble the price of my normal setup. A lot of it comes from recommendation but you do have to educate the customer and make them aware you offer this service.