Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Getting your first gigs

Default Getting your first gigs

Does anyone have any idea the best way to get my business known to customers? Although i have DJ'd for years its always been for others, now i am doing it for myself and although I have a residency at the local, I am needing to start getting the main gigs in and business is very slow indeed....any idea's?
    Gaz Evans
    www.candybeatdiscos.com
    Kids Parties, Weddings, Birthdays
    Fife, West Lothian, Edinburgh, Falkirk, Stirling & Glasgow

Lewnics

It does take a while to get yourself established mate but just remember my little phrase- "The More you tell - The more you sell"

Never leave home without your cards, and give them out at any and every chance you get.

The very best of luck mate

regards

Mayhem 1
    Facebook - Bumble 'B' Roadshow
    Twitter - KidsChaos
    Skype - Garry.Williams402

It wouldn't be a bad idea if you had some leaflets made, which would feature a picture of your rig. In doing so, i would be inclined in going around all of the local shops in your area (post offices, hairdressers, etc) and asking the shop if they would put your leaflet up in their shop.

I would then make a standard letter saying that you are a local roadshow that opperates in the area. With this letter, i would also be inclined to enclose a leaflet and a business card. I would then send this out to all of the local venues within your area. This would then get your name about quicker, also enabling the venue manager to give out your name if a customer requests a roadshow within the local area.

Also, as Christmas is drawing ever nearer, i would also repeat the above process of sending out a letter regarding Christmas entertainment.

It is also about good advertising and marketing processes. If you would like to read more about the marketing and advertising sides of the business, there are a couple of threads in the business help forum....i think

Good luck anyway Lewnics
    :teeth: Scott :teeth:

Roadie/DJ for The Sound Factory,
    operating in the Midlands, covering counties throughout the region

cheers guys - some great idea's, will pop them into practise - cheers
    Gaz Evans
    www.candybeatdiscos.com
    Kids Parties, Weddings, Birthdays
    Fife, West Lothian, Edinburgh, Falkirk, Stirling & Glasgow

does anyone have a std letter as that I may compare it to my own. std and xmas versions would help need to see if Im doing it right

We're just in the process of re-designing our standard and Christmas letter in order to keep me busy over this L..O..N..G school break

As soon as i have finished them, and they appear satisfactory and have the approval of my dad, then i'll post them on here so you can all have a look
    Last edited by dj_ags; 21-07-2006 at 10:40 AM.
    :teeth: Scott :teeth:

Roadie/DJ for The Sound Factory,
    operating in the Midlands, covering counties throughout the region

thanks

As far as business cards are concerned does everyone get the best deals online or with local printers? Let us know. We are just in the process of getting advertising done too, where do you all get the advertising banners made for the front of the dj table etc...? We have got a good deal with the Yellow pages for the new re-print in October which coinsides with our business launch...

Quote Originally Posted by mg ents
    As far as business cards are concerned does everyone get the best deals online or with local printers? Let us know. We are just in the process of getting advertising done too, where do you all get the advertising banners made for the front of the dj table etc...? We have got a good deal with the Yellow pages for the new re-print in October which coinsides with our business launch...

I use printing.com for my business cards, incidentely their "offer of the month" is for business cards this month. The quality of their products are fantastic. I got my banner from minibanners.co.uk. Their site appears to be down at the minute though.