Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sports Hall!??

The most important thing is to get the sound quailty right. You certainly wont want bass bins in there. I would also watch the sound levels - better to keep it on the quiet side, so it dont reverb all over the place.

Patience is a virtue with those types of halls. - get there early and have a play around till you get the sound right
    new website domain name... http://www.dejavuroadshow.tk/

Quote Originally Posted by diamondgeezer View Post
    when I had that situation I used 2 pairs of tops no subs worked quite well I think.
    Totally agree. Subs would only add to the problem. I would also tone down the bass a touch (but not so it spoils the overall sound) on the mixer.

Quote Originally Posted by Creature View Post
    The most important thing is to get the sound quailty right. You certainly wont want bass bins in there. I would also watch the sound levels - better to keep it on the quiet side, so it dont reverb all over the place.

Patience is a virtue with those types of halls. - get there early and have a play around till you get the sound right
    And then be prepared to jiggle your levels and EQ once the guests have arrived. The sound will change as more people come in to the room.

But the best bet, as it usually the case with any venue, is play to the dancefloor area. You can't go wrong that way.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    Totally agree. Subs would only add to the problem. I would also tone down the bass a touch (but not so it spoils the overall sound) on the mixer.

And then be prepared to jiggle your levels and EQ once the guests have arrived. The sound will change as more people come in to the room.

But the best bet, as it usually the case with any venue, is play to the dancefloor area. You can't go wrong that way.
    Thanks to everybody for the advice, had a feeling lowering the volume would be better and I had planned on getting there earlier to have a mess because I can get access from the morning.
    Adding two more speakers would not make a difference just add more problems for me wouldn't it ?
    Last edited by Corabar Entertainment; 25-08-2010 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Edited out text speak

Quote Originally Posted by livewire View Post
    Adding two more speakers would not make a difference just add more problems for me wouldn't it ?
    I find that 4 full range speakers gives a fuller richer sound than 2 without driving them too hard, if it's quite a big place and a lot of people I feel it would sound better, of course it's a matter of opinion but I think it worked for me

I find that 4 full range speakers gives a fuller richer sound than 2 without driving them too hard, if it's quite a big place and a lot of people I feel it would sound better, of course it's a matter of opinion but I think it worked for me
    Oh o.k thanks but wouldn't there be some delay for me when im djying though?

Quote Originally Posted by livewire View Post
    Oh o.k thanks but wouldn't there be some delay for me when im djying though?
    Sorry I don't understand what you are saying, if it's you think I'm suggesting you have a speaker in each corner that's not what I would do I would have 2 pairs either side of you rig.

Sorry I don't understand what you are saying, if it's you think I'm suggesting you have a speaker in each corner that's not what I would do I would have 2 pairs either side of you rig.
    No that sounds right wouldn't have enough speaker cable for that anyway !!
    Didn't mean to confuse you, well I can get a couple more speakers very kindly offered by Dave from absract!!

The only other things I would add are make sure you are using speakers that are both 8 Ohms because together they will come down to 4 Ohms and that they are all similar power, also that you have a good quality amp that will run at 2 Ohms ideally but 4Ohms will be OK as long as you don't make it work too hard.

The only other things I would add are make sure you are using speakers that are both 8 Ohms because together they will come down to 4 Ohms and that they are all similar power, also that you have a good quality amp that will run at 2 Ohms ideally but 4Ohms will be OK as long as you don't make it work too hard.
    Great thanks i'll remember that i'll let you know how I get on!!

I have actually done an event in a school sports hall as a favour for my wife.
    They do have some serious echo on but once you get the levels right its not too bad. Not sure why someone said you wouldn't want bass as I found it made it easier to get the levels right as had more control on the low end frequencies.
    Don't try too hard with the sound until the room fills as it was a nightmare when empty, but once got a load of teenagers and their parents in it was a load easier to get a decent sound without too much bounce back.
    www.nkentertainment.co.uk
    The north wests premier wedding DJ and singer package. We will not be beaten on quality!
    www.michaelmooble.co.uk