Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sports Hall!??

Quote Originally Posted by livewire View Post
    Thanx to everybody for the advice, had a feeling lowering the volume would be better and I had planned on getting there earlier to have a mess because I can get access from the morning.
    Adding two more speakers would not make a difference just add more problems for me wouldn't it ?
    Adding a couple more full range cabs is a good idea. I'd suggest pairing them per side of the amp, ie two of one sort on one channel, and two other sort on other channel. It'll give you more control, cos if one set is more sensitive, you'll be able to balance them better.

Quote Originally Posted by diamondgeezer View Post
    I find that 4 full range speakers gives a fuller richer sound than 2 without driving them too hard, if it's quite a big place and a lot of people I feel it would sound better, of course it's a matter of opinion but I think it worked for me
    Agreed.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

No that sounds right wouldn't have enough speaker cable for that anyway !!
    Didn't mean to confuse you, well I can get a couple more speakers very kindly offered by Dave from absract!!
    Its ABSTRACT Simon lol

Just so people know its the peavey st15's which Simon would be using and if needs be my peavey pv1500 amp.

Cheers Dave
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Booche View Post
    Its ABSTRACT Simon lol

Just so people know its the peavey st15's which Simon would be using and if needs be my peavey pv1500 amp.

Cheers Dave

My speakers are 2x kam 150w each (sorry didnt say before) and 300w kam amplifier.
    Thanks Dave !!!

Its ABSTRACT Simon lol

Cheers Dave
    My speakers are 2x kam 150w each (sorry didnt say before) and 300w kam amplifier.
    Thanks Dave !!!
    Ah, well in that case you'll definitely need the Peavey amp, cos from memory Dave's ST's are 4ohms. Even if they're not, it's still best to use them as two kits, not one.

Thanks Dave !!!
    I would take up Dave's offer of amp & speakers , personally I would have one of each type of speaker each side should sound quite nice as they will have their own different tones, feed into the Peavey's then out into the Kams the speakers are a bit miss matched but it should be OK if it's not too loud, which you don't want anyway.

I believe they are Peter BUT im no way technical minded on ohms,wattage etc lol But i think we will be doing what has been suggested and having the kams going into the peaveys and then going into the peavey amp even though im sure the peaveys would be suffice on there own

Cheers Dave

P.s. Just a shame i haven't got my class d's anymore lol
    Dave

I think the ST15s are 8 Ohms so it should be OK of course the best set up would be to use two amps but that would complicate it even more
    I think you would have struggled with your Kam amp and speakers, although Dave's amp & speakers should be OK on their own I still think it would be good to use 2 pairs IMHO

I believe they are Peter BUT im no way technical minded on ohms,wattage etc lol But i think we will be doing what has been suggested and having the kams going into the peaveys and then going into the peavey amp even though im sure the peaveys would be suffice on there own

Cheers Dave

P.s. Just a shame i haven't got my class d's anymore lol

Sure is.

Right lads, please tell me I've misunderstood you, cos this is one suitable way to do it. There are others of course. The way you two are describing doesn't sound like a suitable one.

Mixer out to Peavey amp, driving Peavey speakers. Take cables from the Thru/Low out jacks on the Peavey into the Kam amp driving the Kam cabs. Don't enable the crossover on the Peavey.

Alternatively, same game, but Kam first. Whichever way, use XLR's for input, and jacks for output from first amp, to input of second amp.

Think the easiest way would be just to use my peavey setup and be done lol
    Dave

Think the easiest way would be just to use my peavey setup and be done lol
    Well thanks a lot pal, last time I give you helpful advice.

£100 , and I'll bring a vanful of Class D's down.