Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: £60 quid sid has struck again!!

If people tell me they can get a disco for £100 I politely tell them I can't help and to save their money and do it themselves.

Theres one or two things not stacking up for me here!!

Your profile suggests that you have been DJ'ing for ten years(IN CAPITALS) but you're still not sure of your place in the Market. Your Avatar makes you look like the youngest 41 year old i've ever seen(however mine is of me as a much younger man....so maybe shouldn't comment) and in another thread you mentioned that your gear may be underpowered for a Sports Hall.....most of us that have been in it 10 years would have differing rigs for all these types of venues.

My advice would differ depending on what situation you are in.....I can't give it because i'm really not sure what that is!!

Hope you don't mind me commenting???

I know where you're coming from, since I'm having my worst year ever, due to Sid. There's no way I can afford to lower my prices, so I feel a radical rethink is in order.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by StarZSoundS View Post
    Theres one or two things not stacking up for me here!!

Your profile suggests that you have been DJ'ing for ten years(IN CAPITALS) but you're still not sure of your place in the Market. Your Avatar makes you look like the youngest 41 year old i've ever seen(however mine is of me as a much younger man....so maybe shouldn't comment) and in another thread you mentioned that your gear may be underpowered for a Sports Hall.....most of us that have been in it 10 years would have differing rigs for all these types of venues.

My advice would differ depending on what situation you are in.....I can't give it because i'm really not sure what that is!!

Hope you don't mind me commenting???
    O.K I take on board what your saying I have only been mobile for four years,
    two of those I was working for someone else and played small to medium venues and did karaoke and resident party dj at Sunderland dog track also.
    For the past 2 years ive been mobile on my own as such.
    Before that I was resident dj at various nights around the northwest (mainly goth /rock /indie/alt/electro/industrial.
    Not the same as djing to the masses
    That pic btw is an up to date photo ask Dave (Abstract) !!!!
    So thats why not misleading or a lie i'm just inexperienced that's why I asked.
    P.S you have known this but my interview still not been posted on here yet!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by livewire View Post
    O.K I take on board what your saying I have only been mobile for four years,
    two of those I was working for someone else and played small to medium venues and did karaoke and resident party dj at Sunderland dog track also.
    For the past 2 years ive been mobile on my own as such.
    Before that I was resident dj at various nights around the northwest (mainly goth /rock /indie/alt/electro/industrial.
    Not the same as djing to the masses
    That pic btw is an up to date photo ask Dave (Abstract) !!!!
    So thats why not misleading or a lie i'm just inexperienced that's why I asked.
    P.S you have known this but my interview still not been posted on here yet!!!!
    Then for the first part I could see some pitfalls in taking Martins(Vectis's)advice about Wilmslow,The Edge etc.....There is a chance you may embarass yourself,a venue,a Bride....etc,etc.....

I appreciate your honesty and you seem like a nice guy...and there's nothing wrong with where you are in experience or Geography.Hopefully now others will come along with some more useful advice aimed specifically at your situation
    Last edited by Corabar Entertainment; 25-08-2010 at 06:48 PM.

Then for the first part I could see some pitfalls in taking Martins(Vectis's)advice about Wilmslow,The Edge etc.....There is a chance you may embarass yourself,a venue,a Bride....etc,etc.....

I appreciate your honesty and you seem like a nice guy...and there's nothing wrong with where you are in experience or Geography.Hopefully now others will come along with some more useful advice aimed specifically at your situation
    Going off topic a bit sorry moderators!!
    This is quite an informal wedding from meeting with B&G and that's what they want.
    They are friends of mine not saying the quality of service would be less or anything.
    Also I have done a few weddings (very formal) and i had brilliant feedback from all of them.
    So I wouldn't embarass myself as in my djing skills but on the technical side I may need some help but you got to start somewhere!!!
    Last edited by Corabar Entertainment; 25-08-2010 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by livewire View Post
    Going off topic a bit sorry moderators!!
    This is quite an informal wedding from meeting with B&G and that's what they want.
    They are friends of mine not saying the quality of service would be less or anything.
    Also I have done a few weddings (very formal) and i had brilliant feedback from all of them.
    So I wouldn't embarass myself as in my djing skills but on the technical side I may need some help but you got to start somewhere!!!

Perhaps forfeit some of your fee and ask one of the lads on here that are near you to share the function with you.Maybe even Boochey Boy.....he really is salt of the earth!!

Perhaps forfeit some of your fee and ask one of the lads on here that are near you to share the function with you.Maybe even Boochey Boy.....he really is salt of the earth!!
    I know that and he is helping me out and yes he is a great bloke !!!

I'd go and help, if he weren't from the wrong side of the Pennines.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by deltic View Post
    i know what you meant was just joffing with you martin
    Andy ....what the Hell is Joffing

Up here we have Joshing,Joking or Jousting.....

Maybe its that Olde English ...Where the f's looked like s's....but even then we only get jossing!!!!