Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Italian made Mackie V1's

Default Italian made Mackie V1's

I've been keeping my eye on the prices of the Mackie V1's secondhand and if they say "Made in Italy" on them, they've been selling for £600 - £700 a pair. I bought mine almost 2 years ago in mint condition, in original Mackie bags for £550, seems they are rising in price, why is this?

Also is there any serious difference between the ones with "Made in Italy" on the back as oppose to the Chinese ones apart from the RCF drivers?

Just intrigued to get some opinions/thoughts on this from the more experienced sound guys

I can't figure it out. I have been watching V1s on ebay for the last month and noticed that too. I was thinking of giving mine away to a new dj... but for that price I'd be mad not to sell them.
    Lee

I was speaking with someone who owns a pair of the Italian V1's and he says hes not had any of the overheating issues that some of the USA and China made ones have.

Think I might end up buying some active mackies despite wanting a passive system so if you see a good cheap deal give us a shout Mark
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by leelive View Post
    I can't figure it out. I have been watching V1s on ebay for the last month and noticed that too. I was thinking of giving mine away to a new dj... but for that price I'd be mad not to sell them.
    Lee
    Indeed ! I was thinking of getting rid of mine and buying V2's what's your thoughts on that Lee?

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    I was speaking with someone who owns a pair of the Italian V1's and he says hes not had any of the overheating issues that some of the USA and China made ones have.

Think I might end up buying some active mackies despite wanting a passive system so if you see a good cheap deal give us a shout Mark
    Will do mate

I've seen a few pairs of V1 Mackies on sale on ebay for a rather fancifull £650 - £700, but I've not actually seen any sold for that sort of figure, asking and getting are two different things.
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Pe7e View Post
    I've seen a few pairs of V1 Mackies on sale on ebay for a rather fancifull £650 - £700, but I've not actually seen any sold for that sort of figure, asking and getting are two different things.
    Here's a pair went for £670 inc p&p just this morning

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Another pair at £700 with 2 days left with stands and bags

A Pair of Chinese ones at £510 3 hours left

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mackie-SRM450-...rsPASystems_RL

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Wild View Post
    Here's a pair went for £670 inc p&p just this morning

Another pair at £700 with 2 days left with stands and bags

A Pair of Chinese ones at £510 3 hours left

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mackie-SRM450-...rsPASystems_RL
    First pair, the seller had a bit of a result IMO

Second pair, the bidding is at £621 not £700 and the lot includes £120 + worth of extras, ie stands covers and cables, so the true figure for the speakers is nearer £500

Third pair, similar scenerio, the sale includes a set of Gator wheeled flight casess which need to be taken into account when assesing the value of the speakers. So they will probably fetch more than their current bid.

From what I've seen, used V1s in decent condition average £450 - £550 on ebay, V2s in similar condition can be bought for £600 - 700. I've never seen any good Mackies sell for under £400 a pair, they do hold a good S/H resale value if looked after well, unlike many other brands.
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

First pair, the seller had a bit of a result IMO .
    Ah right o.k

Second pair, the bidding is at £621 not £700 and the lot includes £120 + worth of extras, ie stands covers and cables, so the true figure for the speakers is nearer £500.
    P&P still has to be paid and that's £60, I doubt the covers and tripods are worth £120 second hand and there's still time left for this price to go up. So it's nearer £600 I'd say if you want to split hairs

Third pair, similar scenerio, the sale includes a set of Gator wheeled flight casess which need to be taken into account when assesing the value of the speakers. So they will probably fetch more than their current bid.
    Yeah these are the Chinese ones so I'll be interested to see what they finish at WITH Gator wheeled cases.

Any comments on the actual OP?

Default v2s

Indeed ! I was thinking of getting rid of mine and buying V2's what's your thoughts on that Lee?
    I prefer V2s to V1s. I use them both together in very large venues. It took a while to get used to the V2s. It has been a few months since I used my V1s. At first I didn't think they had any warmth to the sound. But after placing them side by side I thought the v2s were more colourful. I will be using them together tomorrow. I will play the same track through both and see how different they both sound... will get back to you on Sat. The best thing about the v2s is the weight. You can carry two at once they are so light.
    Lee

Any comments on the actual OP?
    I've just replaced all my V1s with V2s, and I won't be buying any V1s unless I'm offered some excellent ones for peanuts (which isn't very likely) I certainly wouldn't spend £600 on V1s when the all round superior V2s are available for a similar price, it doesn't make comercial sense. If you shop around you can get the latest, black V2s for £850 new and guaranteed for a year. If you bought them, used them for a year and then sold them, you would have had the use of a pair of excelent speakers for just £4 a week (assuming a resale price of £650 which would be easily attainable if you looked after them)

Disco 4 Hire