Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Mi Furst Kidz Disco...

Smile Mi Furst Kidz Disco...

All dayer yesterday at the next village over from me - got in and set up in huge marquee with full on village fete going outside. Also was doing PA for a band / duo as well - was keeping a worried eye on the thermometer I had brought as it topped 90 degrees...

...then the rain! Cooled everything down nicely for the rest of the day, and suddenly the dancefloor was filled with squeakers running around while their parents took shelter.

So - I started racking my brains (and the laptop's drive) for kids songs - and before you know it we had even more of the little... darlings... who then started climbing onto the stage where the band's kit was (Lots of things with Sharp Edges and Live Electricity) as the parents thought this was a proper kids disco and therefore supervised.

Once that misunderstanding was all cleared up - on to the evening disco and live band -defined as 'Family' disco. So they brought their squeakers back with them again and once more running riot all over the place...

Steady stream of the local chav contingent for requests, who were really upset when I pointed out that due to kids being present, anything with sex, drugs or swearing was off the menu which sort of took care of most of the R & B they wanted (*result*) --- and then the band - full ahead punk which took most people by surprise (think Insomniac-era 'Green Day' minus bass player).

Once finished, a goth chap Who Could Actually Play Drums wanted a quick thrash on the kit - which he did - and after that the kids were then queueing up for a go on the drums, to the annoyance of the adults present who had shelled a fiver for a family disco, not drum soloes by 5-10 years olds.

Eventually I got on the PA to call security to clear the stage (also it was borrowed drum kit) - cue drunken chav Mum who abuses me royally for trying to spoil her darling daughter's day (she of course had dumped her daughter in the marquee and gone off to the bar for the night) - chav partner comes along and joins in --- at which point security throws all three of 'em out on their ar$es!

Now I know why I dont do kids discos! (But I did get an extra 50 quid for the afternoon thing though) :teeth:

Sounds like an eventful day. Kids discos can be hard work. Chav discos are even harder..lol.

Congrats on making it out alive AND getting paid.

God - sounds like a nightmare!

Well handled Malcom
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries