Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I need scanner suggestions and feedback (please read)

thanks for the feedback everyone

so basically now i m between the Irock 7's and the Dynamos. Certainly you cant compare apples to oranges, but we re all professionals and our budgets are limited. so i need to see how i can get the job done -in a quality way- and have some money left for a few LED 64 pars to (very basically) uplight a venue.

the Irock 7 is by all means a great light. But if i get 4 of them, then i wont have money for anyhting else. Not to mention flightcases for them...
    Plus, since they are 13kg each, i will need to get the proper wind-up stands (150 each) and my budget all of a sudden turns to......"debt".

800euros for four dynamos, with Varytec master scan DMX, cables and 2 flightcases, compared to 1600E just for four irock7's and nothing else...

You get what you pay for, someone might say. And right they are.

but for the moment, the scale leans towards the dynamos to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    A powerfull effect is probably best in light conditions such as the EFX. Definitely par cans for dance events or a wash light I would say

i do think moving head look impressive but are heavy. i had a couple and did not like them.

You say lasers and they are very good for the price and travel for ever (well almost) so will fork well as an effect on a wall. i have a sigma and for £180 its very efficient cluster.
    The Vizi moving heads recommended are only 9 kgs lighter than some scanners ,the EFX is not as bright and in fact has rather poor optics for the money.

ADJ I think you could get a nice set up with two of the irocks and a couple of par cans too. I would say that I'd get the barrels if you do only get two though.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

^^thanks for the suggestions.

I think its better to have a basic set-up with just a couple of things, than go with more units of a cheaper product.

While "window shopping", i found these babies : the eurolite ts-255.

http://www.thomann.de/gr/eurolitedmx...b91cd2d2805292

There arent many videos of them on the net, but from the few i watched, they seem like a smooth scanner, with cool gobos and colors. And 9 kg instead of 13kg. Which means i could maybe get away with cheaper stands for them (two on each stand) instead of 150euro wind up stands.

They go for 250euros (if you buy 4 units), plus 50 each of the MSD 250's. Their flightcases are a bit pricy (150 each) but for 1500, you get four 250MSD scanners with cases, lamps and stands.

TonyTiger you were right about Eurolite.

Quote Originally Posted by ADJ View Post
    ^^thanks for the suggestions.

I think its better to have a basic set-up with just a couple of things, than go with more units of a cheaper product.

While "window shopping", i found these babies : the eurolite ts-255.

http://www.thomann.de/gr/eurolitedmx...b91cd2d2805292

There arent many videos of them on the net, but from the few i watched, they seem like a smooth scanner, with cool gobos and colors. And 9 kg instead of 13kg. Which means i could maybe get away with cheaper stands for them (two on each stand) instead of 150euro wind up stands.

YouTube- EUROLITE TS-255 DMX Scan

They go for 250euros (if you buy 4 units), plus 50 each of the MSD 250's. Their flightcases are a bit pricy (150 each) but for 1500, you get four 250MSD scanners with cases, lamps and stands.

TonyTiger you were right about Eurolite.
    Smooth scrolling and the casing is very much like the Martin MX units.
    All you need to do is swap the name badge for a martin one and your laughing
    If I'm talking to much, tell me to shut up!!

The views expressed by this member are solely his own and are not connected with the company he is representing.

Quote Originally Posted by Get Me A DJ View Post

Like those folks who put the M badge, on 316 BMW's

At the moment i m trying to decide between the eurolites with 250MSD
    (does anyone know if the Eurolite's have micro-motor issues?)

or a cheap alternative (dynamo 250 or Comscan) that will do the job, wont break the bank and wont be too heavy to carry at the end of the night.

Comscans are definatly smoother-moving than the dynamos. Dont know if they are equally bright though. Cause if they are, then i think its a good alternative.

Its basically down to either 4 dynamos along with led par 56

or

4 Eurolites with 250MSD on their own.

How easy it is to lift 18kgs on a T-bar? (cause wind up cranks arent an option)

Quote Originally Posted by ADJ View Post
    How easy it is to lift 18kgs on a T-bar? (cause wind up cranks arent an option)
    Probably wont be safe, if your hand slips while rising it and you don’t have the safety pin in somewhere up the pole, you could have a problem!
    Why not raise the T bar and put the lights on afterwards?

On the uplighting front you may wish to start with just lighting up behind you rather than the whole venue, the ADJ LED bar is one you could use.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing.
    It was here first.

thanks for the tip Ajays!

I think, instead of getting two t-bars, i might get one wind-up

Quote Originally Posted by Get Me A DJ View Post