Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some Serious Help

Default Some Serious Help

Right

I have had a live web site for 3 months and it has generated not a single enquiry, so it has some fundamental problems.

People have pointed some of these out, but I can't deal with them.

I need someone to revamp the web site. I have it in a zipped file on my machine - it was written in dream..whatever the web program is.

I need people to be able to find it and need it to have google analytics attached. Searches such as Lancashire Disco, Lancashire Wedding Disco, etc should show it but it doesn't.

The site needs some reorganistion and amendments, which I would send with the site and I also need to put some embedded MP3's of vocal samples on the site.

I will also need to be able to update it from time to time.

Oh yeah the hosting is not mine, so need some help on that and I will need a new URL as that is stuck with the old site.

Can you PM me if you can do the above and provide a quote for doing it - A lot of the work is already done, it just needs finishing off.

Thanks

This is my last throw of the dice as if I can't get a function web site its towel in as I have not had a single enquiry for the last 6 months that has not come from either the agency or someone who knows us and that is why its going down the toilet.
    www.nkentertainment.co.uk
    The north wests premier wedding DJ and singer package. We will not be beaten on quality!
    www.michaelmooble.co.uk

Like most of the forum, I'm going to recommend Martin (Vectis) and will do until he retires! From ideas to customer service to to design work to maintaining the site, he is fantastic!

However, if a DJ in Nottingham or Derby needs a site doing, I won't be handing Martin's number over.

Apart from Marc J - you'd be a fool to go anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    There are 3 great web designers on the forum, Marc J, Vectis & Richie. Do a search for them and send them a PM (private message).

Marc J built and hosts my website and the service is fantastic, I highly recommend him. Those that use Vectis (Martin's) service will state the same about what he provides. Richie built this very site and forum and is awesome too.

So there you go. Three very professional web designers and hosters right within this very site. Happy hunting!

Quote Originally Posted by charlie brown View Post
    Apart from Marc J - you'd be a fool to go anywhere else.
    Bit of a sweeping statement Charlie!

OP asks for serious help. As is well known, I don't do Serious, so I'll have to

Right, I can only add my praise for Marc J's services, and I have no doubt that Vectis and Shaun are equally praiseworthy.
    " It is the Ancient DJ, and he recommendeth one of three". Told you I didn't do serious.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by NKR View Post
    Right

I have had a live web site for 3 months and it has generated not a single enquiry, so it has some fundamental problems.

People have pointed some of these out, but I can't deal with them.

I need someone to revamp the web site. I have it in a zipped file on my machine - it was written in dream..whatever the web program is.

I need people to be able to find it and need it to have google analytics attached. Searches such as Lancashire Disco, Lancashire Wedding Disco, etc should show it but it doesn't.

The site needs some reorganistion and amendments, which I would send with the site and I also need to put some embedded MP3's of vocal samples on the site.

I will also need to be able to update it from time to time.

Oh yeah the hosting is not mine, so need some help on that and I will need a new URL as that is stuck with the old site.

Can you PM me if you can do the above and provide a quote for doing it - A lot of the work is already done, it just needs finishing off.

Thanks

This is my last throw of the dice as if I can't get a function web site its towel in as I have not had a single enquiry for the last 6 months that has not come from either the agency or someone who knows us and that is why its going down the toilet.
    Rob James might supply you with a list of worthwhile Wedding sites to advertise on as well so your not just relying on Google rankings.

You may have to go down the adwords route as well to get some enquiries moving if your willing to invest some money.

As you offer "live" I think you would do yourselves a favour if you got some live recordings on video for the site--if you havent already--anyone can make a studio CD but it rarely sounds the same at the acoustically challenged venues,Marquees most of us have to play.

I have lost count of the amount of people who now say---is that you at a real function on the video etc and book on the strength of it

Personally I would brand yourselves as NKR--and nothing else, I think it suits the market your probably aiming for better.

Just my view.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K ROADSHOW View Post
    Rob James might supply you with a list of worthwhile Wedding sites to advertise on as well so your not just relying on Google rankings.
    Which could do with updating as a few have closed down

Some also havent sent me any vistors to the site yet.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post

Are you on some kind of mission this weekend, Neil?

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    Bit of a sweeping statement Charlie!
    Ahh, I guess. Why go for anybody else when there are three highly recomended guys on here?

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post

Not unexpected though