Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Google habits

Quote Originally Posted by Vectis View Post
    ...otherwise DFS would've closed down years ago.
    Is there a sale on?

Quote Originally Posted by soundtracker View Post
    I do as well, but I have a reason. Nine times out of ten, its someone that is absolutely miles away just fishing away from home and secondly, very often there not actually fully related to the search that you made
    Spot on there

Theres a lot of irrelevant ads isnt there?

As it happens I look at sponsors but often find the main entries have more initial information, the other fact would be do the first 6 entries cover what you are looking for--quite often they dont so you end up going to page2, by the end of page 2 the mechanism that identifies your search phrase loses the plot and everything else is pretty worthless.

This must make really depressing reading for people paying out on ad words.

I know Tony (A1) uses it, but not sure if hes looking presently, im sure his feedback would be invaluable.

I see plenty of my competitors doing this all the time--they are either

a. desperate

b successful

Hard to tell on that one.

Personally we never use ad words but have our own unique technique of beating them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Wild View Post
    My main keywords are "wedding dj glasgow" with which I show 1st page. I have on purpose since making page one for these keywords stopped my adwords campaign to compare the response between the two. Now I'm not sure if it's just gone quiet, but relying on natural listings only, enquiries have been flat as a trump in comparison to using sponsored listings. Which somewhat goes against the general concensus of this thread so far with the "I never click sponsored listings" replies, I'm baffled tbh.
    Its gone very quiet here Mark.

Summers over, inital September rush is finished, bad weather is here and Xmas is a long way off--apart from Birthdays not a lot going on

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K ROADSHOW View Post
    Spot on there

Theres a lot of irrelevant ads isnt there?

As it happens I look at sponsors but often find the main entries have more initial information, the other fact would be do the first 6 entries cover what you are looking for--quite often they dont so you end up going to page2, by the end of page 2 the mechanism that identifies your search phrase loses the plot and everything else is pretty worthless.

This must make really depressing reading for people paying out on ad words.

I know Tony (A1) uses it, but not sure if hes looking presently, im sure his feedback would be invaluable.

I see plenty of my competitors doing this all the time--they are either

a. desperate

b successful

Hard to tell on that one.

Personally we never use ad words but have our own unique technique of beating them.

I'm usually around £100 pm on adwords with a VERY good ROI, it works really well for me as my conversion rate enquiries to closed deal is above average.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K ROADSHOW View Post
    Its gone very quiet here Mark.

Summers over, inital September rush is finished, bad weather is here and Xmas is a long way off--apart from Birthdays not a lot going on
    Good to know Mr. K, well not good, but you know what I mean
    Last edited by Mark Wild; 30-09-2010 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Wild View Post
    I'm usually around £100 pm on adwords with a VERY good ROI, it works really well for me as my conversion rate enquiries to closed deal is above average.
    What's the avereage number of enquiries you get for your spend?