Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Google habits

Quote Originally Posted by soundtracker View Post
    I do as well, but I have a reason. Nine times out of ten, its someone that is absolutely miles away just fishing away from home and secondly, very often there not actually fully related to the search that you made
    Adword campaigns allow you to choose your search related keywords and also a targeted geographical area, I doubt 9 out of 10 people have this set up incorrectly. Very costly errors to make, unless of course concerning geography, they offer their services nationally.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Wild View Post
    Adword campaigns allow you to choose your search related keywords and also a targeted geographical area, I doubt 9 out of 10 people have this set up incorrectly. Very costly errors to make, unless of course concerning geography, they offer their services nationally.
    Which is the problem, if I need a plumber urgently locally, adwords gives me 15 people that aren't local - p.i.t.a

If I search Hereford Disco it gives me, one from Aylesbury and one from Runcorn

Covering, West Midlands, Cotswolds, South & Mid Wales. Have van, will travel!
    National Association of DJs

Over the years I've developed a habit of being quite specific in my search habits and can look for loads of pages until I see what most accurately meets my criteria.

Of course it depends on what you're looking for.

I always look to see how up to date a web site is - also if it looks ancient, stale, dull, too flash orientated, gaudy I move on - isn't the average about 4 seconds on deciding if it meets your needs?

Which is the problem, if I need a plumber urgently locally, adwords gives me 15 people that aren't local - p.i.t.a

If I search Hereford Disco it gives me, one from Aylesbury and one from Runcorn
    They may not be locally based but cover those specific areas though, a national plumbing services company may have a head office in Cornwall, but one of the guys on there books lives in Glasgow.

Same with the discos, those specific guys may cover that area. (If they're controlling their campaign properly anyway.)

They may not be locally based but cover those specific areas though, a national plumbing services company may have a head office in Cornwall, but one of the guys on there books lives in Glasgow.

Same with the discos, those specific guys may cover that area. (If they're controlling their campaign properly anyway.)
    Hang on - you asked why I didn't use these people - coz I want to give my business to a local firm, not some faceless National.

As for the Discos - they make no mention on their websites of covering Hereford!

Hang on - you asked why I didn't use these people - coz I want to give my business to a local firm, not some faceless National.

As for the Discos - they make no mention on their websites of covering Hereford!
    Indeed I did, I just failed to get your point, being you don't like using national companies, now I get your point and you can finish your chamomile tea in peace

Indeed I did, I just failed to get your point, being you don't like using national companies, now I get your point and you can finish your chamomile tea in peace
    Come on wake up at the back!

I've had a look at the Aylesbury DJs site, on it he says
    "Intelligent DJs" and further down from £30 an hour, so a 4 hour gig in Hereford would be £120! Good money for a 240 mile round trip! Doesn't appear too intelligent to me!

i have my google set to 100 results so i have loads of results on one page.

I wonder how many other people do that?

I was checking DJ hampshire the other day - one which im quite high on and on my google another bloke was up top, but on my mates google he was 37 or something so it definitely specializes it per IP or something. I had a heart attack for one moment
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

i have my google set to 100 results so i have loads of results on one page.
    Or use Chrome's AutoPager - AutoPager is a Chrome extension which automatically loads the next page of a site inline when you reach the end of the current page for infinite scrolling of content. - I guess Firefox have a similar add-on/extension thingy

Just look at the natural listings. 9/10 the Sponsored listings are just useless!