Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HTFR! Hard to find DJ equipment (apparently)

Quote Originally Posted by surround sounds View Post
    I have ordered all my rcf speakers off there and came next day. Since then i have ordered bags,lights and lasers and never had a problem. I always get free postage as well no matter what it is.
    I suppose it depends what you buy?

It would be nice however to have a stock count so you know the estimated delivery. blue aran have a good system for this. i do not suppose some companies want to advertise the fact they hold little stock.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    I suppose it depends what you buy?
    Yup - It's all luck.

This is a common problem, and why I always call before placing an order.
    I've called HTFR twice, and items on their website (listed as "in stock" were actually NOT in stock). For this reason, they are far down my list until I hear they tighten up on this.

As times get tighter, I expect this to get worse (not just HTFR) - companies can't afford to hold lots of stock, and are probably stretching their credit limits on their suppliers.
    Wedding DJ Hertfordshire
    Hertfordshire based DJ, also covering Essex and North London.

I had that same problem with a bulk of clamps which I ordered I waited for 3 weeks and nothing came so I canceled the order and brought them from somewhere ells but I still use them
    matthew

I only ever bought vinyl off them. Got on really well with a guy there who added 15% permanent discount to my account. Never had a single problem and I ordered ridiculous amounts from them. I have heard on more than one occasion they are pretty poor with hardware sales...

Supplying Premier DJ's for Weddings,
    Birthdays & Social Events.

www.basingstokediscos.co.uk

A quick search on here will show a large number of postings regarding orders from HTFR and there excuses they come up with. My personal experience was a personal phone order for a standard ultimax stand and after 6 weeks of excuses it finally turned up. By the way, that was 6 weeks after there initial delivery date and not the phone order date which was an nearly a week before so actual time from order to delivery 7 weeks.

My advice is give them a wide berth unless its a stunning price or something rare or special
    www.doitalldisco.co.uk
    Party Time Mobile Disco
    Wales Premier Mobile Service

The prices are usually cheap as they do not do recorded delivery too which could be an issue if it went walkies as you may have to wait another 6 weeks for small items

Gear 4 DJ's have some good deals on at the moment.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

DJ kit all the way or a good shop around on eBay.

Support a local physical store!

I don't have too much choice here; UDM (enfield - 15 mins away) or DJ Superstore ('Sarfend - 45mins away), but for most items do try to make the effort.
    Lots of reported problems from HTFR on other forums, and I tried to purchase something from them (shown as "in stock") in November - but being wise to the reported problems, called to check...

No stock..

I don't have a problem using known dealers on ebay, but prefer to either call, or use their website (after calling..lol)
    Ebay, is fine for commodity gear (fuses/branded cables etc) but for sound+lighting, nothing beats a hands on demo.
    Wedding DJ Hertfordshire
    Hertfordshire based DJ, also covering Essex and North London.

Only company I have yet to complain about is Thomann. All he rest have had some problems with!