Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: To 'Lisa Clarke' 'Stu Dent' and God knows how many other made up names

Quote Originally Posted by charlie brown View Post
    Can we invite Nigel back?
    Alternatively, we could send you off to join him.

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    Alternatively, we could send you off to join him.

Never!

How could you sleep at night knowing I was annoying people on the orange forum!?

How could you sleep at night knowing I was annoying people on the orange forum!?
    Quite easily thanks.
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Quote Originally Posted by Vectis View Post
    Define "these parts"?

Your street?

I know for a fact that's a nonsense statement otherwise.

(sorry... pricing thing... but the thread was pretty OT anyway)
    No not my street, although the other DJ on my road moved away about 2 years ago so you're technically correct.

I'm assuming the Isle of Wight is your home? If so, you live on an island with a populaton of 126,000 quite well off people. It has an area of about 146 sq miles. I live in South Yorkshire which has an area of 600 sq miles and population of over 1.3 million people. We border closely onto other urban areas meaning that the over 2 million people area within reach. That is a lot of potential customers but also a lot of potential competition. If you then look at the index of deprivation for your area and mine, you'll see just how lucky you are. Try coming to South Yorkshire and charging much more than we do (£130-£160 on average) and just watch the work ebb away.

I take pride in offering best value for money. Don't knock it.

Quote Originally Posted by paulg View Post
    No not my street, although the other DJ on my road moved away about 2 years ago so you're technically correct.

I'm assuming the Isle of Wight is your home? If so, you live on an island with a populaton of 126,000 quite well off people. It has an area of about 146 sq miles. I live in South Yorkshire which has an area of 600 sq miles and population of over 1.3 million people. We border closely onto other urban areas meaning that the over 2 million people area within reach. That is a lot of potential customers but also a lot of potential competition. If you then look at the index of deprivation for your area and mine, you'll see just how lucky you are. Try coming to South Yorkshire and charging much more than we do (£130-£160 on average) and just watch the work ebb away.

"Wahey" its ages since we had a "you'll never get that around here" statement!!

Covering, West Midlands, Cotswolds, South & Mid Wales. Have van, will travel!
    National Association of DJs

Quote Originally Posted by paulg View Post

I'm not going to get into the "patch" comparison stuff because I've done that to death already on other topics.

My comparison was not with my own business but with the hundreds of discos I help arrange UK-wide every month. I have my finger on quite a big pulse, and I know that there's plenty of work out there - even relatively straightforward jobs - for lots more than your rack rates.

Anyway, I don't want to this thread any longer, so

Quote Originally Posted by soundtracker View Post
    "Wahey" its ages since we had a "you'll never get that around here" statement!!
    Peter,

I think we both need to appreciate the fact that we don't live in South Yorkshire.....or we'd only be able to charge £130-£160.

Quote Originally Posted by Vectis View Post
    Anyway, I don't want to this thread any longer, so
    Keep going! Let's divert from the main topic.

Just had a thought...!

I purchased an enquiry on GoodParty on 25th May 2010.

The Name: Lisa Clarke
    Event: 40th Birthday Party
    Date: Friday 11th November 2011 (Enquiry on GoodParty said Friday 13th November 2011!)
    Venue: Crowne Plaza Hotel, Nottingham

I was a bit dubious, as to why someone would book a disco for a 40th 19 months in advance, but as it came via GoodParty, thought it would be legit.

I was asked if I would reduce my price by £45 after I had already offered a £50 discount for a promotion I had going at the time! - I said "No."

Was this you Charlie?...If so, you cost me £3.00...as well as time spent answering the enquiry and replying to the responses.
    Last edited by SC Events; 16-12-2010 at 01:13 AM.
    Scott.

SC Events | Facebook

Professional Conference & AV Services, Corporate Entertainment, Equipment Hire and DJs

I also gave Good Party a whirl and I didn't receive one reply from that! I reckon that's being wasted. It was at a nice hotel in Nottingham with a £250-500 budget.
    Quote Originally Posted by SJS Discos View Post
    Just had a thought...!

I purchased an enquiry on GoodParty on 25th May 2010.

The Name: Lisa Clarke
    Event: 40th Birthday Party
    Date: Friday 11th November 2011 (Enquiry on GoodParty said Friday 13th November 2011!)
    Venue: Crowne Plaza Hotel, Nottingham

I was a bit dubious, as to why someone would book a disco for a 40th 19 months in advance, but as it came via GoodParty, thought it would be legit.

I was asked if I would reduce my price by £45 after I had already offered a £50 discount for a promotion I had going at the time! - I said "No."

Was this you Charlie?...If so, you cost me £3.00...as well as time spent answering the enquiry and replying to the responses.
    looks like it could of been
    although one day a real lisa clarke will make contact with one of us, and she will be absolutely shocked at the reply she gets