Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

View Poll Results: BPM 2011 (1-3 October)

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Birmingham Maypole booked for Sunday 2 October 2011

21 32.31%
  • Other hotel booked for Sunday 2 October

9 13.85%
  • Attending on Sunday 2 October, but not staying

17 26.15%
  • Attending on another day

4 6.15%
  • Not going

14 21.54%
Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 LastLast

Thread: Bpm 2011

It was a good trip to BPM and was nice to meet faces ive met before and also new faces.

There will be lots of stories on soon no doubt...

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    No, I really do appreciate it Peter. I'd slept for ever otherwise.
    There's a strong possibility that you may soon be receiving a consignment of T-Shirts. This is likely to be the legend on one of the first ones.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Had a good afternoon at the NEC chatting to people I'd been looking forward to meeting for quite a while.

However, this must also apologise to all who may have been expecting to see me last night. The plan was to meet up with you all at the "steak house" as Peter put it as he was giving me the directions from the Maypole. Unfortunately, when we got back the Maypole (about 2 and half hours after we'd left the NEC!!) I couldn't remember which way to turn out of the hotel door and, of course, out of 2 choices (being left or right) I managed to pick the wrong one. We came across a carvery pub (after much walking and about at about quarter past 8!) so we thought "this must the one" and waited there - for about an hour and a half before we realised we've probably ballsed it up!

After that, we came out of the pub, asked this guy where Reflex was and he sent us further up this road we were on (I don't think he spoke much English - he just pointed!). Again, after much walking (and, strangely, not seeing anyone around other than the police at this house where there appeared to have been some trouble) we stopped of at a tiny pub with a bar and a pool table, had a pint, asked the barman where Reflex was and he said he didn't know as he wasn't from round that way! One of the regulars said it was near the city centre - about 8 miles from where we were. I checked my money and realised I didn't have too much on me for a taxi (it cost £19 for a taxi from the train station to the Maypole a few hours earlier) so I went to the cashpoint next the shops we came across only to find I had the wrong bank card - I'd picked up the one for my new account and didn't have the PIN for it yet! So, it was a case of "sod this for a game of soldiers" and we ended up at a Wetherspoons for some drinks before we made our way back to the hotel on the bus! And even that went pear-shaped but that's another story once I've written to the bus company!!

As we were checking out this morning, we saw Steve, Peter and Steve Hanley (looking a bit worn out, there!) in reception. Peter pointed out that we should have turned left out of the hotel and the steak house was just along the road. Well, next year I'm coming with a full A-Z and Ordnance Survey map and portable SatNav although my mam's just said I shouldn't be allowed out past the end of our street!!

So, after all that, I'm a bit embarrassed but you live and learn (and I seem to learn more than most the hard way!!).

Oh, and the train back was delayed for a while due a fault with the points outside of Sheffield so even the journey home didn't go accordingly to plan!!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    So, after all that, I'm a bit embarrassed but you live and learn (and I seem to learn more than most the hard way!!).

Oh, and the train back was delayed for a while due a fault with the points outside of Sheffield so even the journey home didn't go accordingly to plan!!
    Oh mate, I've got to apologise to you on various counts. I should have given you one of my cards I was carrying for contact details, on meeting you, I got you mixed up with someone else ( happens a lot at my age! ) and at first believed you to be one of the large number of Steves we had with us, and worst of all, I didn't realise your travel plans mid afternoon at BPM, and should have offered you a lift to the Maypole.

Sincere apologies, I owe you a next year.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Sounds like I missed a good do again. Maybe next year.
    www.nkentertainment.co.uk
    The north wests premier wedding DJ and singer package. We will not be beaten on quality!
    www.michaelmooble.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Oh mate, I've got to apologise to you on various counts. I should have given you one of my cards I was carrying for contact details, on meeting you, I got you mixed up with someone else ( happens a lot at my age! ) and at first believed you to be one of the large number of Steves we had with us, and worst of all, I didn't realise your travel plans mid afternoon at BPM, and should have offered you a lift to the Maypole.

Sincere apologies, I owe you a next year.
    Peter, you did offer us a lift back to the Maypole and said that you'd make 2 journey's if you had to. We had train tickets back so there was no problem and it didn't seem right you having to go to come back. But thanks for the offer anyway - it was very thoughtful of you.

I've got absolutely no sense of direction (one of the reasons why I don't drive - I'd always be getting lost!) and I had actually planned the journey from the station to the Maypole - but who'd thought that about 6 inches on a piece of paper equates to 7.1 miles in reality???!!! I really did think it was walking distance - probably got mixed up with Travelodge Bullring.

The scary thing is, I'm back down that way in 2 weeks with my son as we're going to Thomasland@Drayton Manor!! Thank god we're going on a coach trip!!
    Dazzy D

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by NKR View Post
    Sounds like I missed a good do again. Maybe next year.
    Me too. And I was there!!!!
    Dazzy D

Born to make you party!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    ...the chemistry of music
    ''''

Not long home myself.Yes it was really nice to meet so many of you.I felt it was so much better attended than previous years.It was fab in reflex last night,really enjoyed it and your company.such a pitty that it ended at 1am.i still went to the next pub which was open till 4am a few of us remained here.alan and myself returned to our hotel (premier lodge waterloo street) at around 3am a bit worse for the wear.We slept in and missed our breakfast this morning.

look forward to seeing tobys photos

Quote Originally Posted by soundmaster mobile disco View Post
    Not long home myself.Yes it was really nice to meet so many of you.I felt it was so much better attended than previous years.It was fab in reflex last night,really enjoyed it and your company.such a pitty that it ended at 1am.i still went to the next pub which was open till 4am a few of us remained here.alan and myself returned to our hotel (premier lodge waterloo street) at around 3am a bit worse for the wear.We slept in and missed our breakfast this morning.

look forward to seeing tobys photos
    I'm not.....