Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New deals from CD Pool!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Wild View Post
    Be nice if the "Mobile DJ Pack" was available to download monthly.

and expletive free!

Covering, West Midlands, Cotswolds, South & Mid Wales. Have van, will travel!
    National Association of DJs

That reminds me, I forgot to cancel my subscription this month, I must get that organised!

It looks good value but on past form only about 10 - 12 tracks across the 3 discs will be useable in a mobile environment. Couple that with WAV downloads available for 99p each and there really is no financial sense in buying promo CDs like this unless you like to collect them.
    Exit stage left...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Wild View Post
    Be nice if the "Mobile DJ Pack" was available to download monthly.
    We agree it would be great to provide a downloadable form, however, the labels prefer the use of a physical disc for pre-release material for security purposes. Hopefully, once illegal downloading issues have been resolved I'm sure downloads would become the obvious choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve - FDDJ View Post
    That reminds me, I forgot to cancel my subscription this month, I must get that organised!

It looks good value but on past form only about 10 - 12 tracks across the 3 discs will be useable in a mobile environment. Couple that with WAV downloads available for 99p each and there really is no financial sense in buying promo CDs like this unless you like to collect them.
    Thats a shame that you're deciding to cancel your subscription. I'll PM you with details on how to cancel.

Quote Originally Posted by CD Pool View Post
    We agree it would be great to provide a downloadable form, however, the labels prefer the use of a physical disc for pre-release material for security purposes. Hopefully, once illegal downloading issues have been resolved I'm sure downloads would become the obvious choice.
    So the labels think there aren't people out there who buy the disc and then rip it and upload it to some dodgy illegal file sharing service? What nonsense.

If you don't use downloads first for pre-release, I reckon someone else will regardless of illegal downloading issues.

Quote Originally Posted by CD Pool View Post
    I'm not quite sure I understand the logic behind that, how does only releasing it on CD deter piracy?

It just seems to be this way. As mentioned we would like to offer a download service in the future but as a company it is important to follow the required protection with pre-release material.

Whilst I am not in any way doubting your experiences, how do you reconcile what the labels appear to be telling you with the labels offering the free promos to DJs for evaluation via download?

I think this is straying from the original topic.