Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: New deals from CD Pool!

Not good.....but I wouldn't be playing that pile of poo anyway!!!!

There is a swear word within 30 seconds of track one of that disc!
    Exit stage left...

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    Not good.....but I wouldn't be playing that pile of poo anyway!!!!
    Nor will I but it's the principle. Surely CD Pool can't use the "it was too big a track not to include"

Quote Originally Posted by Steve - FDDJ View Post
    There is a swear word within 30 seconds of track one of that disc!
    Looks like I'll be going back to Pro Disc
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

We are really sorry about this oversight, we have to say that there is no excuse and we will try to do better in future. We did introduce a checking process and we have made it clear to the person concerned it must be treated with the utmost seriousness. We cannot always feature the ‘clean’ versions but we must always mark the versions that feature profanities as explicit. Once again, please accept our apologies.

CD Pool

Quote Originally Posted by CD Pool View Post
    We cannot always feature the ‘clean’ versions but we must always mark the versions that feature profanities as explicit. Once again, please accept our apologies.

CD Pool
    why put explicit versions on most of us will not play it if it has swearing on, if you are unable to get a clean version then leave the song out and put something else on it instead, if we really feel we need an explicit song we can download it, i dont want to make the mistake of playing a song with swear words in at a kids disco or a family event which would offend people
    you really need to think hard whether it is worth putting the song on the disc, i would rather 1 track less knowing they are all usable at all functions

my son just walked in with this months issues, so i got him to play the 2 songs in question written in the stars(track 1) and enter the ninja(track 15) the result he just cancelled his membership really not worth the risk of carrying these cd's

while the record companys keep putting the explicit ones on their discs, the artists will think its fine to keep making them.

Quote Originally Posted by COOL HAND LUKE View Post
    while the record companys keep putting the explicit ones on their discs, the artists will think its fine to keep making them.

BUT (and it's a big 'but'), if the record companies want any radio airplay of the track in question, they have to provide a 'radio-friendly' version of that track as well.

Why record companies are reluctant to provide these radio-friendly versions of the tracks to DJ-Only CD producers (such as CD Pool) is beyond me

can i ask who decides the track listing for these cd's, and what makes a track so big and important that it cannot be left out, even if it is no good to the people buying it,are your hands tied in some way as to which songs get included on these disc's or is this what you have decided is best.