Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RAM upgrade

Paul please dont tell me your removed the heatsink then just replaced it back on with out cleaning off the old thermal paste from both the heatsink and CPU then put new paste back on? If you haven't its good bye CPU! It will just burn its self out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
    Paul please dont tell me your removed the heatsink then just replaced it back on with out cleaning off the old thermal paste from both the heatsink and CPU then put new paste back on? If you haven't its good bye CPU! It will just burn its self out.

No I won't tell you that

Like I said the CPU was stuck fast attached to the heatsink, Dave prised it away cleaned both bits up then refitted it so it sat correctly in place locked in by a lever then he put some toothpaste looking stuff on it and put it all back together.

It's been on now for the last hour or so, everythings working fine and it's the quietest it's ever been
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Quote Originally Posted by Spirits High View Post
    No I won't tell you that

Like I said the CPU was stuck fast attached to the heatsink, Dave prised it away cleaned both bits up then refitted it so it sat correctly in place locked in by a lever then he put some toothpaste looking stuff on it and put it all back together.

It's been on now for the last hour or so, everythings working fine and it's the quietest it's ever been
    Good good. xD Nothing worse than someone reusing the thermal paste! Yeh after a few years it acts like glue! Fun stuff too when you get it on your fingers.

Only just caught up with this one again lol

The thermal paste/heatsync cream was past cream it was more like pebbles lol

But lucky enough i keep a couple of spare tubes

Just glad i managed to straighten out all the procressor pins that had been unfortunatly bent

Glad its ok Paul and if you need any more help feel free to ring..........

PC WORLD

Cheers Dave
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Booche View Post

Glad its ok Paul and if you need any more help feel free to ring..........

PC WORLD

Cheers Dave
    If he did that he would be off to buy a new one. Then again they would put new parts into the PC needed or not so it would be like a new one anyway...