Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The X Factor

Quote Originally Posted by dh140770 View Post
    You can easily pick a top 5 right now. Cher, aiden, one direction, mary and treyc.....
    Noted! I think we should come back to this and see if you're correct. If so I'll come to you in 2011 before I place my bets... do you know anything about horses or greyhounds?
    ----------www.partyshopdisco.co.uk - www.weddingdiscodorset.co.uk
    -----Outstanding Wedding Disco Entertainment for Dorset & Somerset
    -----------------------01305 775579 - 07876 136663

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Scott View Post
    Noted! I think we should come back to this and see if you're correct. If so I'll come to you in 2011 before I place my bets... do you know anything about horses or greyhounds?
    Not unless they are singing ones!

To be honest I thought I'd stick my neck out and predict. Feel free to come back to it I don't mind being wrong. There will always be a shock exit for someone I'm sure

I'm doing this because I am pretty bored for the x factor already.

The worse thing is, I actually have NO gigs between now and New Years Eve so I will end up watching it. (Not sure why this is as Jan and Feb are already getting busy)

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    Watching tonight's now. Joe needs a looser pair of pants
    How could you tell that?

Wasn't he wearing any trousers?

Judging by his voice, something was restricting him
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    Judging by his voice, something was restricting him
    Ahhh...I see what you mean.

I haven't seen the results show yet, so I'll look out for that!

I will watch it if it's on, but not something I will go out of the way to watch, especially if there's something better on...
    To me they take themselves too seriously. The judges have no *real* credibility, Cowell certainly doesn't.
    The only music 'mogul' I have any respect for is Pete Waterman, and he got out of the whole contrived competition thing pretty quick!
    Now look at Strictly Come Dancing, their judges DO have some credibility, being old hands at the dancing lark, they KNOW what they are talking about - quite where Alesha Dixon fits in though - They also don't pretend it's something it's not. They openly admit it's just entertainment and don't try to pretend the winners will go on to be world class dancers.

X-factor (et-al) is the most produced, contrived, rehearsed show you're likely to see. there's absolutely NOTHING spontaneous or natural about it. the judges are guided by the producers, indeed the producers have more to say on who goes through the early stages than anyone.
    There are endless stories of peole who are quite obviously good enough to get to the semi who never even get to see a judge, because they are filtered out in favour of more 'entertaining' numpties.

The whole show is about ENTERTAINMENT, nothing more, nothing less - oh and making stupid amounts of money (which none of the contestants will ever see, even the winner )

It's just a shame they let these poor fools who audition think otherwise

That said, as entertainment goes, it can be rather amusing
    Simon (Grumpy old man) - and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by sleah View Post
    The whole show is about ENTERTAINMENT, nothing more, nothing less - oh and making stupid amounts of money
    Spot on Simon!

I love the way Simon goes on about wanting to find a new pop star etc etc.

What a load of

As if HE cares!

I have to say, I can't stand the X Factor or shows like this and definitely shows that Simon Cowell is involved in. He's a very clever bloke and business man and the average person sitting there on a saturday night watching the TV that doesn't understand how it all 'works' will probably love it.
    They won't realise that the show is all about viewing figures etc...From what I have seen (the missus loves it and Sky+ it), it hasn't changed at all.

They will put through someone that is a bit different and will appear to the public as an underdog (possibly and old grandad that is funny), because the public will latch on to that and watch the show to see how the underdog gets on. The underdog will have a run of a few weeks before they are whittled out and by that time, the public are hooked. All Cowell is thinking about is ratings and who he thinks can make him more dosh (which is more than likely the point of the show). There is always someone who has a story aswell (a girl that is a single mum on a dodgy estate or a girl or guy that has nearly got through the year before and comes back and makes it etc).

I had a night off saturday and watched the Darts instead which was far more entertaining to me. I also noticed the other week when watching what the missus had recorded that Cowell came up with the idea (for ratings again) to bring some young guys together who didn't make it through as solo acts. My bet is that he will try his hardest to get them to win as it will be another story and his idea. I'm glad I work the majority of saturdays!

Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post
    I love the way Simon goes on about wanting to find a new pop star etc etc.

What a load of

As if HE cares!
    Which has to be true. Let's face it, he'll make more money from the show and the subsequent tours than the winner will ever make him......
    Simon (Grumpy old man) - and proud of it

we find out the winner tonight,we already know simons bank balance is the real winner though, anyone any thoughts on who should win