Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Barrington Hall - Cambridge

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K ROADSHOW View Post
    I wonder if I might get some LEGAL flak from venues---

What do you think Angela??
    I think I don't understand the question!

Max: So - keen to take on a residency at the venue after that, eh?
    Last edited by Corabar Entertainment; 17-10-2010 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    OK I have a blunt message on my site (maybe) saying we wont play at venues with Sound Limiters because they have caused us problems.

Client very keen to book me personally mentions this to venue-who get the hump because I MIGHT lose them business--I would certainly allege in my quote ( not necessarily the web site) in writing that the reason is it might disrupt a performance including switching off the power on the First Dance and similar problems which would wreck the event.

I just wondered how far I could take this before attracting unwelcome attention--

I guess its asort of libel and slander type question without the specifics--accusing certain types of venues( those with noise limitation) of being a "problem"

Your thoughts would be appreciated--im going to do it!

thanks

Likes a bit of moleing visualdjmax's Avatar

Max: So - keen to take on a residency at the venue after that, eh?
    Funny that no! There is only so much, "mate that sounds terrible".

Quote Originally Posted by visualdjmax View Post
    Funny that no! There is only so much, "mate that sounds terrible".

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K ROADSHOW View Post
    OK I have a blunt message on my site (maybe) saying we wont play at venues with Sound Limiters because they have caused us problems.....
    Sorry Alan... could have sworn I answered yesterday! Must have got sidetracked - sorry.

Well, I can't see where anyone would have a case against you if you put up a notice that you will not work in venues with sound limiters and calmly stating your reasoning behind this.

The only way I could see any possible come-back (for defamation, or whatever) is if you put up a very emotive statement accusing all venues who had such things as being x, y or z (which I am sure you would never do) and even then it would only be in particular circumstances.

Sorry Alan... could have sworn I answered yesterday! Must have got sidetracked - sorry.

Well, I can't see where anyone would have a case against you if you put up a notice that you will not work in venues with sound limiters and calmly stating your reasoning behind this.

The only way I could see any possible come-back (for defamation, or whatever) is if you put up a very emotive statement accusing all venues who had such things as being x, y or z (which I am sure you would never do) and even then it would only be in particular circumstances.
    Thanks, what about--

Music being stopped completely at inappropriate times by a sound limiter can cause disruption to the usual smooth running of the function by our Entertainer and potentially may leave you the customer unhappy with the service provided as well as being a disappointment to your guests.

Be aware some sound limiters may respond to noise made by guests being a little exuberant ( including clapping and shouting) and may often NOT be triggered by excessively loud music which sound limiters are intended to prevent.

Unless we are satisfied through verification from independent parties ( not the venue) that the limit set at the premises is reasonable allowing for the style of function you are holding we regret we are unable to offer our services as our objective is to always provide an entertaining and memorable evening for the right reasons.

Might as well get this drafted and start to use it

Certainly can't see anything wrong with that, Alan

Certainly can't see anything wrong with that, Alan
    Thanks Angela, will have to make a start using it on my quotes.