Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

View Poll Results: Do you allow others to "patch" into your system?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • No way...its my gear and thats that!

13 24.53%
  • I do, as long as I get asked before hand

21 39.62%
  • Yeah, no problem.

8 15.09%
  • Only if I know them

5 9.43%
  • I haven't refused yet, but you ever know

6 11.32%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Allowing other entertainers to "patch" into your system!

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic Entertainment View Post
    Nah Crazy K barn danced in and used it
    Taxi!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    ...ah but you are talking about problems from sources outside the provision of the service I'm booked to provide. I've already anticipated and have backup and solutions for any situations that I may encounter with my service. Should a problem be caused with regards to the smooth running of the event by another service provider not having the tools to carry out their service......then the problem is theirs. I'll be able to carry on providing my serivce just fine if they can't.
    And you Sir, are purposely, purposefully, and intentionally sidestepping the crux of my argument. We're not in any way discussing your gear or service provision, we're talking about you knowing that it's highly probable that some overpaid, self important, untalented, jumped up, ignorant pillock of an "Entertainer" is highly likely to wander in safe in the knowledge that the professional, accomodating, helpful, underpaid, philanthropic DJ has already seen this one coming, and provided for all his more reasonable and immediate needs.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    Didn't Crazy K waltz in and use your kit?
    No

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic Entertainment View Post
    Nah Crazy K barn danced in and used it
    Yes

I refer you both to my added option in the poll
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    Thing is, they're usually paid more than most discos & have less time on the job (performance wise). Why should they waltz in & use our kit? If they want to use something of mine, will I get a cut of their take? I don't think so.
    No

Yes

I refer you both to my added option in the poll
    And I refer you Sir to the fact that my preferred option still hasn't appeared yet. Please. Pretty please?

Thing is, they're usually paid more than most discos & have less time on the job (performance wise). Why should they waltz in & use our kit? If they want to use something of mine, will I get a cut of their take? I don't think so.
    OK, banged to rights. Can't argue with a keystroke of this.

Yes for a price and in advance!!!

Just to add: we shouldn't have any nasty surprises on the night. We ask the client if there's any entertainment and ask for their contact details. We then contact the other entertainers so that we can have a 'chat' before the night to try and make sure that every thing is smooth on the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    And I refer you Sir to the fact that my preferred option still hasn't appeared yet. Please. Pretty please?
    Is option 5 good enough?
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    Just to add: we shouldn't have any nasty surprises on the night. We ask the client if there's any entertainment and ask for their contact details. We then contact the other entertainers so that we can have a 'chat' before the night to try and make sure that every thing is smooth on the night.
    And then Steve says " It's my ball, and you can't play with it? "
    Is option 5 good enough?
    My humble apologies, good Sir. Absolutely perfect, I'm off to cast my vote now.

Oh look. I'm in a minority of one. Hey ho.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 12-10-2010 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    we're talking about you knowing that it's highly probable that some overpaid, self important, untalented, jumped up, ignorant pillock of an "Entertainer" is highly likely to wander in safe in the knowledge that the professional, accomodating, helpful, underpaid, philanthropic DJ has already seen this one coming, and provided for all his more reasonable and immediate needs.
    Yep, I thought I understood you first time.

My answer remains firmly the same: No, I don't, won't and never will offer the facilities to provide a service to an "overpaid, self important, untalented, jumped up, ignorant pillock of an "Entertainer" that is highly likely to wander in safe in the knowledge that the professional, accomodating, helpful, underpaid, philanthropic DJ has already seen this one coming, and will provide for all his more reasonable and immediate needs". The exception being if I'm told in advance and the client or additional entertainer decides to cross my palm with silver to allow me to provide sufficiant additional equipment to facilitate their needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    True, there is usually a "work around" for most situations.