Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: mirror ball motor

Whatever you're on Toby, stop taking it
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    Beans on toast.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Take more toast with it.
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldj View Post
    http://www.audiomate.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=G007NA found this one. Bit over budget though lol
    Out of stock, though!

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    Beans on toast.
    Take more toast with it.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    Nope, as you can see by the time I get up early he was on about a tunnel effect in another post.

If he cant afford £50 fhe will not be able to get much was what I was saying.

One decent second hand light would be better as it is not easy to mount mirror balls etc. for £50 you could get a couple of half decent scanners.

I think a couple of candles are on this budget or possibly a half decent torch

Aww nice to see people taking the out of me me being skint right now. Regardless of the fact I have been in an out of hospital having major surgery on my vocal chords for the past 6 months and therefore out of a job, and having came home from a year in the USA before that.

And yes I do have other lights not much, but about £400 of different ones. I bought before I had to give up because of illness. But having them blaring during Shania Twain doesn't work. Even on slow rotate its not the look i want

Id rather have kept this topic on subject. I used a battery powered motor for years, it worked fine just to fast for slow songs. Why spend money on a piece of equipment thats sole job is to turn. Yes spend money on scanners and moving heads if you have it. But a motor for a mirror ball! Anyway rant over...... I have 3 gigs coming up and will have a little cash flow to spend after that on other items

Try speaking to Clive at CRS (he has an advertisers forum on this site) it's where we got ours from.

I found 1 -2 rpm is ideal for a sedate spin on a mirror ball. I did have a lovely mirror motor that had a potentiameter on it to change speed between 1 -5rpm but have not seen one for while now.
    When the world ends , ill probably have to clean up the mess.

http://www.audiomate.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=G007NC

1RPM.....Swap the mains power for a IEC and a switching unit and get a modified G clamp bracket made up and and your sorted
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldj View Post
    Aww nice to see people taking the out of me me being skint right now. Regardless of the fact I have been in an out of hospital having major surgery on my vocal chords for the past 6 months and therefore out of a job, and having came home from a year in the USA before that.
    Just get a 1rpm one and you should be sorted. I do think you may be using a too lighter ball though
    Can you DMX the other lights or use a CA8 - thats the simple option for slowies.
    i HAVE USED dmx and got well in to it in the past but do not need it as much these days. CA8 does it for me.

Or

I have used a remote plug thing at times. £10 from Maplin.
    Just turn off the lights that are harsh and bobs your uncle.

There is allot of good advice on this post do not take humour personally, no bad intentions meant

As for your personal life that has nothing to do with me, this post or anything any of us should be aware of.
    Last edited by yourdj; 16-10-2010 at 12:56 AM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/