Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: vdj pro6

Default vdj pro6

Right then im running a pc with a pentium 4, 2.8gig proccessor and im finding that it takes ages to load up the next track whilst using vdj does anyone know how i can speed things up so i dont have to wait till the first track is almost over before i can properly mix the next?

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

Where are the tracks stored? An external or internal drive?
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    Revolution Event Services Ltd - Wedding Lighting
    01386 898 113

Is it audio or videos you are struggling with. Could be the pc is slightly under spec for VDJ.
    How much Ram is installed ?
    Larry Basham

Can you play something with a beat ?

I'm not sure if this is an issue with VDJ but could it be that the software is analysing the track as it is loading it? This could slow down tracks loading.

I actually had this problem the night my HDD died on me. Early on the tracks were taking a lot longer to load and then suddenly my whole system (including Windows) crashed on me (although, thankfully, MediaMonkey kept on going - I'll never understand how the OS can crash but MM didn't - but I was thanking my lucky stars!).

I will add, though, that I am using a fairly powerful laptop with Intel Core 2 Duo processor at running at 2GHz and backed by 3Gb of RAM and there are still occasions when VDJ seems to take a while to load in tracks. Luckily, these occurences are only temporary and have never caused any real problems for me.

Anyway, let us know how you get on.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

It will be how much memory you have installed and what other programs/processors are being used at the same time if you are using the pc/laptop for purely VDJ and nothing else uninstall everything part from the music and VDJ that way you will free up some of the processor usgae and free up some memory, i only know this as i also use a custom built pc which house a quad core processor,4gb ram and still sometimes i get the issue of slow loading tracks BUT ive found that once ive moved things off my desktop that it resolves this matter

Hope you have joy mate, but i would reccomend doing some of the above to help

Cheers Dave
    Dave