Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: And now for the last dance-at the start of the night???

I DID say I wasn't keen at all but if the B+G really wanted to that was fine(well not fine but ok!)
    Needless to say it seems a rare ocurrence from what people are saying on here!

Thats one Ive never heard of but if I was asked I would say why arn't you staying until the end of the night and go and ask B&G yourself!!! head....

I've certainly never heard of it, and unless the B & G asked me to do it, I'd invite the guy to become intimately acquainted with himself.

I had a master of ceremony tonight call the bride by the wrong name (her name is QUITA)
    he called her sarah and then said you can introduce the first dance I'm going home.

This bloke has been with her all day the first thing he should do is at least remember her name!
    The most important part is his departure which should include introducing the couple and doing an amusing speech, not to just go.

What a plonker!

I do not have time for lazy wedding suppliers and I most certainly would not put up with people trying to
    rush me or do things when they quite obviously should not be done.
    Call me grumpy but Its a wedding and it should be done properly.

As with the videographer - If he wants last dance then he should sit in his car until it happens (at the end)!
    Last edited by yourdj; 16-10-2010 at 12:41 AM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

I was very tempted just to pack up after the last dance 15 mins in!

I've never encountered this situation, but if the Bride and Groom OK it then I don't see a problem to be honest. A quick announcement to make the guests aware of what's happening then straight into it.

However, I can't help thinking that the energy levels (and high levels of inebriation) that you usually get at the end of the event will just 'not be there' 15 minutes into the event, so the effect and moment the videographer is trying to capture will be slightly diluted from what it will be at the end of the evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    I've never encountered this situation, but if the Bride and Groom OK it then I don't see a problem to be honest. A quick announcement to make the guests aware of what's happening then straight into it.

However, I can't help thinking that the energy levels (and high levels of inebriation) that you usually get at the end of the event will just 'not be there' 15 minutes into the event, so the effect and moment the videographer is trying to capture will be slightly diluted from what it will be at the end of the evening.

Exactly!

Understatement of the year for some Weddings up here ! LOL

I must apologise for misunderstanding this post totally. I thought the last dance was to be fifteen minutes from the end, not the beginning. In that case we're into the realms of Porcines performing aerobatics,Ursines not living ibn the woods anymore, me espousing active cabs and mirrorballs, or Hades experiencing an exceedingly cold snap. If you get my drift.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I have read before that some photographers conduct a mock cutting of the cake, which isn't quite as bad.