Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

View Poll Results: Is adding a Twitter feed to your website a good idea ??

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 19.05%
  • No

9 42.86%
  • Never Thought About It

8 38.10%

Thread: Add a twitter feed to your website ??

ppentertainments

Default Add a twitter feed to your website ??

Yes, no, never thought about it.

Simple one, opinions please

Don't really see the point TBH.
    Nathan.

Not a twitter feed, but a button linking to our twitter page. As we now post some gigs logs and starting to do equipment reviews its all a pretty simple technique of getting traffic to the website.
    Traffic = potential sales in my book.
    ATR The X-Faders | Mobile DJ's in Essex
    Billericay & Surrounding Areas
    http://www.thexfadersdj.co.uk | Facebook | Twitter

I thought about it. I visit the website of a comedy/parody band every couple of days just to catch up with their banal utterances. I then realised that I despise social networking sites with all that I am, and would never update it.

I'm not on twitter, dont really see what it gives you that facebook doesnt?
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    I'm not on twitter, don't really see what it gives you that facebook doesnt?
    Networking Neil that's what. Since I've been "tweeting" I've got alot more business contacts like event and wedding planners and it's paying off through recomendations and bookings!
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

A display of your outgoing tweets is one thing but I've come across a couple of sites now where they have obviously attached to one or more feeds.

I was asked to critique a site for a potential new client and one of these gadgets was in the top-right prime selling position directly underneath the company logo, and the conversation that was being displayed was bluer than 'the best of Bernard Manning'.

I personally see no 'footprint on the web' benefit of adding such a gadget other than to advertise the fact that you have a twitter account, in which case a button might be better. I would NEVER have a gadget blindly displaying the content of a feed over which I didn't have 100% content control.

Quote Originally Posted by Vectis View Post
    A display of your outgoing tweets is one thing but I've come across a couple of sites now where they have obviously attached to one or more feeds.

I was asked to critique a site for a potential new client and one of these gadgets was in the top-right prime selling position directly underneath the company logo, and the conversation that was being displayed was bluer than 'the best of Bernard Manning'.

I personally see no 'footprint on the web' benefit of adding such a gadget other than to advertise the fact that you have a twitter account, in which case a button might be better. I would NEVER have a gadget blindly displaying the content of a feed over which I didn't have 100% content control.
    Agree with Martin. Common sense as ever!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!