Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: interesting`

Default interesting`

I always wondered how you could tell a legal mp3 to a p2p(illegal)MP3.
    I found a program that tells you if it is protected , also whether it is an original or not. This always puzzled me as even a P2P must originally have come from a cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Thames Valley Discos
    I always wondered how you could tell a legal mp3 to a p2p(illegal)MP3.
    I found a program that tells you if it is protected , also whether it is an original or not. This always puzzled me as even a P2P must originally have come from a cd.
    Just look in the properties of the file and it will tell you whether it has a licence and is protected.

An illegal file could have come from a legal download if someone is sharing it too...

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd
    Just look in the properties of the file and it will tell you whether it has a licence and is protected.

An illegal file could have come from a legal download if someone is sharing it too...
    I dont mean the "protected" bit, as all the copies from my original CD,s are not protected, this program will tell you if the MP3 track is from an original i.e your cd, or wether it is an illegal copy.
    My friend challenged me to see if i could tell wether some of his mp3,s were legal or not.
    Scanned my PC, all original, scanned his HDD, and loads of non original(all P2P )stuff. I was just curious because i thought with the digital DJ license, they mention checking your HDD. It just puzzled me how you could tell if the file was from say my cd, or from someone elses via P2P.
    Last edited by Thames Valley Discos; 01-08-2006 at 08:28 PM.

I dont mean the "protected" bit, as all the copies from my original CD,s are not protected, this program will tell you if the MP3 track is from an original i.e your cd, or wether it is an illegal copy.
    My friend challenged me to see if i could tell wether some of his mp3,s were legal or not.
    Scanned my PC, all original, scanned his HDD, and loads of non original(all P2P )stuff. I was just curious because i thought with the digital DJ license, they mention checking your HDD. It just puzzled me how you could tell if the file was from say my cd, or from someone elses via P2P.
    To be honest, if and when the new licences come in, they are going to be 'self policing', but you have to have the original media.

I thought you could sell/lose the original. As long as your MP3 originated from it.

am I being dim, but what's a P2P file? is it a compressed file like MP3 or something??

Quote Originally Posted by A1DL
    am I being dim, but what's a P2P file? is it a compressed file like MP3 or something??
    Peer to peer.

File sharing in other words.

I thought you could sell/lose the original. As long as your MP3 originated from it.
    I think you still have to keep the original CD's as prove but im not 100% sure.
    Larry Basham

Can you play something with a beat ?

And how is anyone going to tell where the Mp3 came from?

Actually, I think there is still debate going on about that point to be honest.

some one some where needs rto make a decision and quickly - too much hesitation
    Gaz Evans
    www.candybeatdiscos.com
    Kids Parties, Weddings, Birthdays
    Fife, West Lothian, Edinburgh, Falkirk, Stirling & Glasgow